PPEB: Phil's New Mission

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

I also have another Fanfiction going on Webnovel.com 'Uchiha's Genjutsu Demon' which has close to 390 chps. Do check it out as well.

_____________________________________________________________

"The scientist who tried to re-create the serum has been killed."

[Do we have the serum that he created or do we know who did it?]

"The only thing we know for now is that the serum wasn't successful..the man aged more than 10 years in just 1 day. I think he injected in into himself and something went wrong. He also seemed to be psychologically unstable as per the kids."

[Kids?]

"Yes, Agent Coulson. He had a verbal spat with two kids near their school. It was caught on CCTV so I came to the precinct to interview the kids. One of the kids is a detective's son so I couldn't ask anything in detail. But I could determine from their statement that he looked older than his biological age and that he was behaving unstable."

[Alright...focus on finding who killed him and who hired him to make the serum in the first place. I have already sent a team to find the lab he could be working from. I'll give the report to Director Fury]

"Got it Phil" Sophia or it would be more fitting to say that Sheild agent Natasha Romanoff said and cut the call.

On the other side, as Phil put his phone back in his pocket, he turned around and saw Director Nick Fury and another woman standing with him. He signaled them to come in and greeted them "Director Fury and Vice Director Maria Hill, I was just about to come to you."

Maria Hill was Director Fury's Right-hand woman. Her official post was the Vice Director but she mostly followed Director Fury as a secretary. She was the one Director Fury trusted the most and she knew every secret of Sheild.

"What's the matter, Phil? You going somewhere?" Directory Fury asked to which Phil nodded and said "Yes Director...I just received a report from Agent Romanoff that someone was trying to replicate the serum given to Captain America. For now, he is found dead and the local authorities are investigating it."

"That Serum? Was the culprit able to replicate it?" Maria asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Not according to the latest report but until the detective investigating the crime scenes officially writes a report or reveals any information, we can't say for sure."

"We fight such threats every day Phil, what caused you to be so concerned about it?" Fury asked. He knew that this wasn't as serious as Phil was making it seem.

Phil shook his head and said "Ever since Tony Start has found out that it was us that sent Romanoff to him, he has been keeping an eye on her. We expected this since Stark doesn't wish to share the technology of IRON MAN with anyone but being on a watchlist spooks Romanoff a little. I think I should go and visit Tony Stark once.

"Howard Stark is someone the entire Sheild Respects him as one of the three founders. Tell Romanoff to not worry about being watched by Tony. We need to gain his trust and the only way to do that is to show him a little transparency." Phil nodded at Nick's suggestion. He also agreed that Tony Stark was not a bad person.

"I will handle it sir. Is there anything else?" Phil asked since Fury wasn't turning around.

"The energy signature that we received from New York City a few days ago. I haven't received any updates on it." Nick said to which Phil looked a little hesitant and said "We found no traces to prove that claim.. in fact, the equipments are being tested right now since many believe this could be a glitch. Both the teams that we sent for investigation returned empty-handed because the location wasn't pinpointed and it was a normal residential neighborhood. We even checked the police records for the day and no crime or unusual activity was observed in that time frame."