Burn

Later that night we were brought to our dorms and to our surprise it was super big. There was dorms on one side and one on the other.
Inside of the room where we were supposed to stay it was crowded and just bunk beds which made it feel very uncomfortable.
She went out to get some fresh air, taking a deep breathe near the border. There was a beautiful breeze from the trees that whisked her hair back.
The vines slowly moved up her leg and up towards her arms, wrapping themselves around her gently. She was about to step out of it but from the feeling of the grass she could feel movement out there. They were waiting for her.
Seriously already camping out the edges?
"I know your there."
Fire slowly moved on the grass towards Mia. She knew that they couldn't use their fire where she was.
"Come on doll take a step outside. Dont tell me you're afraid."
She knew that voice. "Of course that explains why you weren't at the dorms. Just trying to take advantage and get yourself some free kills."
"Come out, be my first one."
Mia gave him an annoyed glare. "I won't-
Before Mia could get another word in someone came from behind her pushing her right into his arms. His hands locked around Mia's wrist immediately burning her. "Not so cocky now huh?" He muttered leaning his face close to hers. "Now how exactly should I kill you? What if..."
His flames grew stronger as his hands remained locked around Mia. "I did say I would burn you from the inside."
Mia grunted. She didn't know how to get out of this situation. Her options were limited she couldn't use her vines to help her. Nor her wood. He would burn them. What could she do? What do I do?
"How about you pick on someone around your own league?!"
A girl with the power of water jumped down immediately shooting water straight at him.
Mia quickly got back up immediately wasting no time to wrap her vines around him but not just any vines they were pricked with thorns. She wrapped them around him tightly before he had any time to react she used the wood from the trees as an arrow and pierced his heart. Or at least she thought.
Flames surrounded him, melting the vines and arrow.
"Oh come on Mia I thought you could do better than that." He smirked as he walked closer.
The girl that had jumped in quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back into the boundaries making sure I was safe.
"Come on Jake why the hell are you camping the edges!"
"Nothing wrong with trying to get rid of the completions."
Mia grunted as she held her arms tightly. "You had someone push me out!!"
"They never said we couldn't force you out without using our powers. No rules remember."
Mia gave an annoyed glance before angrily turning around.
"Don't worry doll I won't be upset if you run to your boyfriend to tell him what I've done. He can't fight all your battles!"
Mia kept walking but she raised her hand raising her middle finger at him.
The following day Mia woke up bright and early to practice on her element.
There was others that did the exact same, who wouldn't? This was basically to the death if there was any mistakes you'll end up dead. I can't, no I won't, let that happen.
*commotion near the dorms*
Mia followed the noise where she found Luke and the number 1 training together.
There was fire everywhere you could hardly see anything with how much smoke and flames there was.
We were allowed to use our element for training inside the boundary but not for killing.
Finally as the flames settled down and the smoke cleared up we could see both him and Luke face to face holding flames right next to each others throats.
Everyone began clapping and applauding them, they were perfect, a deadly battle that one day will come close where they will have to fight to the death. 
Luke glanced at Mia and smirked.
But for now it was just training.
He approached gently leaning closer to her.
"What's that?"
"What?" Mia crossed her arms giving him a pesky look.
"Was that a smile?"
"Please, me smiling for you? You wish."
She turned back around with a smile appearing around her face. Oh come on I couldn't let him know that I was actually smiling that'd be no fun.
For the next two hours Mia sat next to one of the trees near the dorms fidgeting with the grass. She wasn't just sitting there doing nothing though.. she was training.
"Now here I thought you could only control nature."
Mia jumped startled by their voice. It was the girl from last night.
"I don't know what you mean-
"Oh please. I saw you floating the rocks. Your not nature your earth. But here's what I don't understand, why are you not using that other part of you?"
Mia sighed. "I can't. Earth takes years to learn if you knew anything about that you'd know you can't just master it in a year or two. If I were to use my power to the full ability I could die."
The girl approached closer to Mia. "If you're not prepared to die or use your ability to the full max, what the hell are you even here for."
She walked passed Mia and back into the training site leaving Mia there confused.
Memories of when she was younger flashed in visions for a few split seconds.
"Mia! Mia!!"
Mia laid in Luke's arms barely conscious.
"I won't let you die Mia. Someone will help us. Someone will come. Please just stay awake."
*a few days later*
"Promise me you won't ever use it again?"
"I.. I promise."
Mia glanced back up towards the contestants she was going to have to go against.
But what if I'm going to have to.