Safe

"Another easy kill.. for gods sake."
He shook hide head glancing down at his watch.
"Do you at least have another flag so this would be worth my time?"
Mia just stood there, and eventually her gaze glanced down his arm and to his watch showing level #15.
"Only level 15? I thought by all the trash you were talking you would at least be in the top ten."
He just smiled as he began to form some sort of air ball in his hands. How the hell was I supposed to know it was?! I've never gone against someone with freaking air-
Blake quickly noticed me and using his air he whisked the pink ribbon straight towards me.
Mia jumped in the air grabbing ahold of it firmly in her hands.
"Mia! Get it over the barrier!"
If we did our team won. But also meant, they were both after me. Because they were both staring at me like they might actually kill me.
Vines sparked up towards Mia wrapping themselves from the trees.
"Bye."
Suddenly the vines began to throw Mia in the air making sure she safely landed onto the next set of vines.
Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. They were right behind me but luckily Blake was chasing after us too trying to get one off of me.
The guy with air began to shoot even more air balls straight at me. I kept having to dodge and it was getting more and more complex.
Before Mia could safely land on the ground the girl with fire shot flames straight at my vines burning them out of the way.
"Fucking kill her mike!" She shouted angrily.
He quickly approached me as he began to suck air from my body. I couldn't breathe.
Mia fell to the ground frantically touching her throat.
"Times up it was annoying while it lasted but at least you lasted longer than most." He pulled out 3 flags that they had already gotten from others. And Blake he was on the floor about to be up in flames.
"It's okay you tried.-
The soil beneath Mia began to rumble, and the rocks were trembling on the floor because of it.
The vines around Mia came closer helping her up to her feet. And she just smiled. Yes, she smiled.
Her eyes began to flicker as one of my eyes began to turn brown.
"What the hell-"
A rock flown right at him immediately knocking him back against his partner that flew back on to a rock.
The ribbons they were holding flew right on to Mia's feet. She leaned forward grabbing them in her hands. "I... got-
Before Mia could say another word her body gave up on her and everything began to go black.
She remembered Blake running to her and helping her up. She remembered running through the forest, and reaching the barrier where others were waiting.
Blake placed her down on the floor only a few inches away from the barrier noticing that it looked like Mia was beginning to sweat a lot.
"Aw come on Blake what's taken you so long?!!" His friends inside the border were teasing.
"Not funny guys she's seriously not doing well-"
As Blake was trying to grab me back in his arms I watched as he fell back on the floor with smoke coming out from his mouth.
I could barely react because of how blurry my vision was. Someone with a familiar voice came down to my face. "Hello doll."
The next morning mia woke up to find herself in bed.
Where am I..? My head.. "ugh." She placed her hand on her head as it throbbed.
"Oh look you're alive..  I suppose you should be thanking me for not killing you."
Mia slowly looked up to see Jake standing near the door. His watch.. he was level 35 already.
"Yet you killed Blake."
"Oh come on I thought I saw you as someone who doesn't care about others. He was spareable."
"And why do you get to to decide if he is!"
Mia shouted as vines from the floor rippled through it.
Jake just grinned. "Good job on getting that one flag by the way." He pulled out the three flags that both me and Blake had gotten.
The ground beneath Mia began to rumble.
"Fuck you."
Rocks began to get thrown straight at Jake as he began jumping to avoid the attacks.
Mia followed after as she felt anger build up with her aim.
"Come on. You can do better than that."
They ended up outside as people began to swarm around noticing the commotion. There was still a crowd because of the challenge.
"Holy shit, is that the nature girl?"
"I think it is.."
Mia angrily began to try and wrap vines around him but he just grinned as flames easily burned them.
"Come on. You can use the entire earth your still trying to play it safe with these little vines?" He teased.
Mia stopped in her tracks as blood from her nose began to drip down.
"Mia."
She turned around to see Luke standing there.
"I.."
As Mia lost focus Jake aimed flames straight at Mia.
Luke immediately jumped towards Mia, grabbing her tightly in his grasp.
They both fell back.. Luke looked down at their feet noticing that they were no longer in the safe zone.
"See this is more fun."
Jake charged forward but Luke stood up blocking his attacks.
"Get back inside Mia!" Luke shouted as flames erupted from them both.
Mia tried to get up and move but she couldn't and Luke could tell.
And others were beginning to leave the barrier wanting to join in the battle. Mia was a free kill in this moment that could easily move them up in ranks.
Mia glanced at Luke and he knew what she was going to do. The way she looked at him... almost like this was fated to happen.
She placed her hands on the ground and closed her eyes tightly and in that moment everything slowed down.
"Mia!!"
Luke shouted dashing towards her as fast as he could.
Mia opened her eyes for a second noticing Luke rushing towards her but his flames were beginning to burn brighter and brighter. They weren't red. They were blue.
Flames circled around Mia as the others that were trying to kill her immediately died from just a touch of the flames made it so you die instantly.
Blue flames were something a fire element dreamed to achieve. They were the ultimate flames, besides them burning you slowly as you use them the rush of adrenaline you feel when you do makes you unstoppable.
"How about you fight me now?!!" Luke shouted as he angrily looked at Jake.
Mia glanced down at Luke's watch and she knew that Luke was unstoppable. He was #8 In just a short amount of time he was able to reach that number that others strive to reach.