Stronger

For the following days Mia focused on training and making sure she didn't have any distractions.
And of course I couldn't get any peace and quiet.
Jake kept an eye on me, any chance he got he would make sure he knew that if he got the chance he would have me burned alive.
And for Luke I saw him every now and then but he was in a different league than me. He was ranking up faster and I was here taking it slow.
"Everyone report to the main hall."
It was time. Another challenge was going to form.
As I headed towards the center we found the guy that had announced the announcement again standing on the podium.
"Welcome, welcome, I can see that the leaderboard has already shrunken. 184 of you are still alive and sixteen of you have fallen. Still seems like too many so we will need to change that. Today we will give you all quests making you have to leave the safe zone. It will involve being in pairs, you will partner up and find a specific color flag inside the forest. There will be 92 teams and 20 teams will have the same flag as the others meaning there will be 40 people eliminated. You have until the end of the day to capture your flag and bring it back here."
Mia glanced down at her watch noticing that it had paired her up with a guy named Blake His level was #64 and his element was air. And Our flag that we needed to capture was pink.
Wait. The timer already started. We had 6.59 minutes before time was up.
"You can leave the safe zone whenever you want, but the longer you stay the more likely someone will get your flag. Remember if you capture another persons flag it can be bonus points." He grinned saying that.
Everyone began looking for their partners quickly so they could go ahead and get started."
"I'm guessing you're with me."
A guy approached Mia who seemed like a decent teammate. Air and fire were the most ranked after all.
"I'm actually alright that your with me for this round since we're going to be in the forest we can use that to our advantage."
Mia shrugged. "Sure. We should probably camp it out and let most of the teams leave first so we don't get into a bad situation-"
"If we wait they will camp edges leaving us at a greater disadvantage. We need to leave now and take that risk."
"And if we do we could die for being reckless-"
"Do whatever you want but I'm not going to get behind because you want to play it safe. If we have to engage we will engage."
He said that annoyingly as he walked towards the barrier. Mia quickly followed after.
"Of course I was paired up with someone stupid."
Mia mumbled.
Blake chuckled. "You're welcome to just wait for me here until I come back with the flag."
"So you can get all the credit? Funny."
Mia stepped out from the barrier raising her hands at Blake. "Coming?"
He gave a cheesy smirk, following after her.
For the following hour we actually didn't run into any trouble. It was quiet but looking for this stupid flag was nearly impossible.
"So why did you join this pointless completion."
Mia just glanced at him not really wanting to do small talk.
"Okay, not much of a talker are you?"
She shrugged. "I'm not looking for friends. Either ways you'll probably just die so what's the point of getting to know you?"
He chuckled. "That's fair."
"Mhm." Mia mumbled.
3 more hours went by leaving it only 2 hours and 59 minutes left before it was over.
They had stopped by some hidden part of the trees where Mia used her vines to search around the forest to see if she could find it like that. Blake was to be on guard in case of an attack were to happen.
As her vines slithered around the forest they approached exactly what they were looking for. It was the pink flag. Before Mia could get closer someone got behind to the vines and burned them.
She opened her eyes quickly.
"Someone's guarding it. But I know where it is."
"Let's go then.-"
"They are fire and I don't know what the other teammate is."
"Trust me I got it. Let's go."
They began to approach where the flag was and as they did they immediately saw it just hanging on a tree dangling there like nothing.
"They're around here. I can feel it." Mia silently said.
"Here I'll be the distraction. You get the flag."
"What-"
Before Mia could even agree to the plan Blake jumped out from behind the bushes. "Oh look here I found the flag." Blake says excitedly winking at Mia.
She gave him an annoyed look but she had no choice now. She had to find a way to get around without being noticed.
"I sure hope there's no one around to-"
Before Blake could grab the flag a girl came out blocking him from the flag. "Oh aren't you a cutie." She replies as flames circled around her.
He smirks. "You aren't too bad yourself."
Before anymore words could be said a fight between them broke out. Mia took that to her advantage and slowly crept towards the flag. She knew though that she wasn't alone. Her teammate had to be close. Mia listened the ground softly. If she concentrated enough she would be able to get the exact location of-
Mia quickly dodged herself to the ground, just missing the attack by an inch. His attack. His moves... he was air.