02. new beginnings

- karma pov -

As much as I am a sadistic bastard to everybody, I only show a hidden side to (Y/N) only.
She has been here with me from the beginning, from when we were babies and to up until now. She is special y'know? She is a once-in-a-lifetime girl you could only dream of.

I didn't like her at all at first, all because our parents forced us to play together as toddlers. Thinking she was annoying, as she always cried to me, I always teased her.

But..

Growing up I realized how even as distant I am, she was always running to me. Comforting me when I needed someone to just be with, I don't like talking about sappy or sad shit so I guess... just holding or being with her gave me something to feel better about.

I was afraid to let her in... thinking she was going to just leave me when she grows tired of me. However, seeing her grow up into who she is today proved me wrong. All she ever wanted was to be friends with me and help me whenever I was in need.

Her genuine care for me melted the ice barrier I built unconsciously during our first year of Junior High. I wanted to do the same for her, she sacrificed so much... too much... all for me to just run away from it. Now seeing her hurt, hurts me. It stabs me in the heart knowing I wasn't able to help her in the moment.

I love her dearly, all I want is to see her happy and live her dreams of becoming a top student, graduating in high school as our valedictorian and graduating at Tokyo University. I will be with her every step of the way.

But.

She's been sabotaged... (Y/N) has always been a hardworking girl, never missing anything and always planning ahead. My guess is that pitiful ass, Asano Gakushuu. Asano and (Y/N) have been longtime rivals in academics, where he was first place in our first year but after that... She's been beating him in everything. Now, he's in first while she has dropped down to the 300's..

Totally impossible.

He definitely set her up to fail, maybe his dad paid a teacher to fail her on purpose. What a fucking joke.

"Mmm...."

Ah. The princess has awoken.

"Karma...? Wah..?!? WAH?! HA?!? Where are we?!?" Freaking out, scrambling on my back.

"Hehehe..~ We're going home Ohime-sama... You don't need to freak out, just stay steady we're almost home."

"Okay... Thank you Karma..."

She nuzzled more into my neck, I felt her breath on me.