05. second place

at school...

- (y/n) pov -

At Kunugigaoka Junior High, academics are our top priority. Through the demanding efforts of the school, all students are ranked based on their test scores and grades. Class A, in any grade, is the top most precious class, varying with multiple different geniuses who have their specialties in certain subjects. However, in our school, we have a Class E, also known as End Class, where all the students are concluded 'doomed' for success.

Our school treats the End Class as pests, waiting for them to surrender from the despair of our principals' work ethics, Mr. Asano. Class E students were deemed to fail from the start, as no support was given for those who wanted to try and leave the class.

But, it all changed once a strange life form, similar to an octopus, came to Kunugigaoka Junior High as Class 3-E's homeroom teacher. Where his main goal was to teach the students of End Class and prepare us for our futures.

Midterms, a determining factor with our reputations as students and a school as a whole, is coming up very shortly. The resources I was able to access from the main campus was to my surprise, not offered or even mentioned by any of the teachers.

Our only resource was our homeroom teacher and a few textbooks. Realizing how much the main campus and our small building were different, it was insane on how this school discriminated against students struggling in subjects. Rather than helping students learn, they left these 'failed' students to fall to the ends of their school careers. Its not fair. This is so wrong.

Regardless of the absence of the multiple resources the main campus offers to their students, Korosensei did his very best to help each individual students... By multiplying...

During class he split into 6 doubles for Japanese, 8 for Math, 3 for Social Studies, 4 for Science, 4 for English, and... 1 for Naruto?

Seeing him work that hard to help us achieve good midterm scores made us all feel worried for his wellbeing, but extremely lucky to have a teacher who truly cares for us.

"HUH!?" Everyone in the class gasped in shock seeing a little dent in Korosensei's body, but it was just Karma... doing Karma things.

"Karma! No sneak attacks during study hall! This is very difficult so try not to disrupt me!"

Karma stuck out his tongue at Korosensei then turned to me laughing, I sighed because I know he did that to just be all sly. He's a genius already, so he doesn't pay much attention to all of this stuff.

On the other hand for me, I understand all this material already, I studied months prior to the things we're learning currently. Looking at the stuff Korosensei is having us review, a lot of it I know is not going to be on the test, are they trying to rig the system...?

"Um... Korosensei..? Aren't you getting tired from doing all of this?" Nagisa-kun asked reluctantly, he knew this would wear out Korosensei but it really was helping everybody.

"No worries about that Nagisa! I have another double outside on Rest Mode!"

"HOW DOES THAT HELP?"

Hehe! Whatever shenanigans Korosensei does, he always makes sure to boost our abilities and strengths in learning. We're all thankful to his teaching!