Midnight [3.0]

"C-Could you repeat that?" Kohane stutted, her eyes wide open from the initial shock.

"I–" An paused, realizing that she had already dug herself too far.

"Actually, there's no point in making up some lame excuse..especially since I was the one who lacked the initial consciousness." She said, taking a breather before continuing. "Perhaps..there may be a possibility that..you're not the only one moving too fast for their own good."

"Which means..?"

"I like you..I have liked you for a while, actually. I'm trying to do better though..I know your career is important to you and everything so it'll wipe away ev–"

"So you actually do return those feelings?! A-Ah–! I can't believe it, I've been wanting to say that for so long but I felt as if there was never a right time and–"

"Wait..wait–! Slow down..you can't be saying things like that.." An frowned, placing her hand over Kohanes.

"You're an idol, you know that's a large risk to take at your public status." She mentioned.

"Yeah..but we could go down secret routes–! Take turns visiting one another once the clock strikes midnight? Keep things between messages and breaks..you know?"

An began to notice how much Kohane was pushing for this, she couldn't hate that fact either, she had wanted to keep her distance from the girl, mainly due to her own struggles and the potential harm that could go from it, but just fifteen hours with her had somehow managed to turn both of their lives around.

She felt the adrenaline rush through her veins throughout that moment, but she also wanted to reject those advances, for both her and Kohane's sake.

"I think..we're rushing too quickly into this..I want to..I really do." An paused, she watched was the other girl laid puppy eyes on hers, she didn't know how to react onward. "It's just not right."

"An-chan." Kohane said, moving closer to An, leaving them only an inch apart. "Ignoring the public eye, who's really stopping us?" She whispered, leaving a shiver down An's spine.

"I.."

"Please? It can't turn into a scandal if nobody is aware of it." Kohane mentioned, lifting up An's chin with her free hand.

"You..really aren't planning on backing down until I say yes, is that right?" An let out a heavy breathed laugh, redirecting eye contact with the other girl, who had been slightly towering over her by that point.

"Right."

An sighed, taking a moment to consider the situation at hand, Kohane making an unexpected return after a year, accidently encountering her in the school bathroom, meeting up in a restaurant on short notice and now she had the girl right there, her face only being inches away.

"Ah..fuck it." An jumped up, knocking the other girl into her own bed as she proceeded to lay beside her.

"A-An-chan?!" Kohane whined, shocked from the sudden movement.

An looked up, seeing how the door was locked and the curtains were shut.

"Perfect." An mumbled, looking back to Kohane.

"Perfect?" Kohane repeated, confused as An used the nearby remote to raise the volume of the television.

"Would it be alright if we kissed?" An asked.

"Wh-" Kohane paused, letting An's words sink in. "Wh..WHAAAAT?!!!??!"

"Good thing I raised the volume.." An laughed, resting her hand onto Kohane's, redirecting eye contact.