Idolism [Continuation] [7.0]

Idolism, it's the root of our modern day society, everyone from ages 1 to 100 could find entertainment in seeing their favorite "digital" celebrities sing their lungs out on live television, it's been an art since the beginning of time, except without the digital or live television, of course.

Although one assumption has always been made among society, since they sold their soul to stand on that very stage, they must've been willing to give up theoretical social and dating life to "marry" themselves off to the media, but that could only be far from the truth (A reality that most people refuse to face). To keep up with the delusions of the world, idols face a strict ban on dating, to cater to the audience, their fans.

An never had such a fear of the Internet until she started dating Kohane, watching every social media platform like a hawk, watching every single money grab analysis video, and most unfortunate, becoming a netizen to dive deeper into the media of Azusawa Kohane. Kohane had gotten back from unpacking a few of her things, noticing An still scrolling through her phone, despite the time on the clock being far past midnight. "Darling..it's getting late, you know that's really bad for you.." Kohane said, soft spoken as An could barely keep her eyes open.

She stepped a bit closer, seeing a tweet from the paparazzi on her cellphone. "That..is a picture of me." She said, making a popping sound with her lips, snuggling her head into An's neck to catch her attention, placing a gentle kiss there.

"You could never be too sure about what the comments are saying.." An replied, scrolling through the replies, pointing her cell phone at the direction of Kohane. "See? People are asking who's that 'manager' of yours..they're getting suspicious!" An whined, sinking onto the cheap office chair in her bedroom.

"An-chan," Kohane loudly sighed. "They're asking who you are because they think you're cute." She giggled, tapping on one of the replies which was gathered up with mass amounts of evidence to back up her claim. "Okay well..that's just one!" An defended, crossing her arms.

"Despite me despising the media, I still read through it." Kohane mentioned, twirling a piece of An's hair between two of her fingers. "You shouldn't have to worry at all, and I'm sorry that my career choice is causing you this much concern."

"No..don't be sorry, I was the one who encouraged you to try it out anyways." An replied. "So it should be my job to ensure that you have the best time and actually have a formal graduation." She stated, receiving a soft nod in return.

"I get that, I really do, but.." She said, reaching for both of An's hands, holding them together with both of her own. "I've said it once and I'll say it again, you're top priority over my idol life, and if dropping this 'lavish' lifestyle to run away with you was the ultimate fate, I'd do it in a heartbeat." She stated, taking one hand to An's cheek, stroking it with her thumb as An let out a soft sigh, not breaking eye contact until Kohane reached over for a kiss.

Upon letting go, Kohane spotted a tear rolling down An's cheek, she glanced up in confusion, seeing the shiny amber eyes looking into her own. "An-chan.." She frowned, pulling back her bangs as she sniffled for a few moments. "I just don't understand, I never understood, actually." She softly cried out, attempting to keep her voice low and monotone. "You've told me that since the very start, you'd be willing to give up the world for me.."

"And I'm not lying." Kohane replied, softly pressing on An's cheek, removing the small trace of the tear that she released. "I joined the industry for the experience, not for the cash or the fame," She brought up. "And I definitely got enough of the tour of idol life, I'm ready to take my leave anytime."

An didn't reply, her eyes glistened with the tears that had filled them up. She wasn't exactly sure where the sudden emotional backlash had appeared but Kohane still expressed her support, whispering into her ear how much she loved and appreciated her, not stopping her from releasing said emotions until she fell asleep. That sight alone made Kohane fight back her own cries as she lifted An up, carrying her over to her bed.