Idolism [6.0]

- - -

Late nights of performing could take quite a toll on someone, An especially would know this, constantly singing into the crack of dawn herself, she has learned a thing or two of the music industry as a whole. If she ends up dead after a singular stage performance, she could never fully acknowledge the mass effort it takes as an idol to keep an entire auditorium of people entertained.

Despite it being four in the morning, and a Sunday, Kohane found herself refilling the coffee pot with evidently sleepy eyes, which were barely able to stay open as the softest of breezes made her flinch.

"Kohane?" An gently called out, walking behind the blonde girl who kept her head up using the support of her slipping hand.

"Hmm?" She hummed, slightly turning her head to catch glimpse of An, who wore a worried expression on her face.

"You look exhausted.." An said, swiping the loose strands of hair on Kohane's face.

"I'm alright, I just need a cup so I could leave by eight." Kohane smiled to An.

"Okay.." An frowned, releasing Kohane from her light grip. "I'll be in the shower, just call me if anything, darling." She said, taking her leave from the kitchen as Kohane nodded in response.

Kohane had show after show that day, although it wasn't seen by the cycled fans or the constantly transferring staff, An silently watched as everything went down, having front row seats to all eight shows which followed throughout that day. An had only left Kohane alone in the kitchen, coming back to notice the kitchen light being dimmed and the room being more silent than usual.

"Hey..Kohane?" An said, glancing over into the room, only to realize that the Kohane was asleep.

The girl had sat herself down at the breakfast table, her breath being incredibly light as she leaned her head on her arms. An sighed at the sight, pulling a chair close to hers, rushing over to closet in search for spare blankets for her.

"You said you were alright, right? How funny." An whispered to the sleeping girl, carefully placing the blanket over her as she took a seat right beside her. Kohane shifted a bit in her sleep as An delicately placed a kiss on her head, ruffling her hair as she whispered a soft "I love you." into her ear, leaning down on the tableside along with her.

It'd be a lie to say that this was one of the first occurrences between the couple, it had become engraved in their weekly routine as the length and number of Kohane's shows had rapidly increased as she gained more attention in the local community of Osaka.

"Taking a break" was far from an option for Kohane, working long hours on weekends alongside her scheduled commercials and visitory shows. An showed up to each and every single brand deal and small show to be alongside Kohane, which eased the schedule significantly and made the time on the clock pass by quicker. So, these mornings were really the true "breaks" for the girl.

Although, she'd consider everything all the worth it once the flutters her eyes open, spotting the blue haired girl who had almost always fallen asleep while waiting for her to awaken. It was far past the eight AM mark, but she was too drowsy to pay any mind to it. She still stayed by that spot, watching An's carefully as she slept sound, the coffee in the pot only becoming colder and colder by the minute.

The rest was routine, An eventually waking up, having her freakout over Kohane being numerous hours late to some lousy photo commission, only for her to plop her head down onto An's shoulders, pulling closer for a hug, no further words being spoken for the rest of that hour. Then upon it hitting afternoon, everything would repeat over and over, especially since the ideals of idolism is a simple pattern, if simple meant a packet filled with thousands of words in six different languages.

"Idolism, it sometimes has its quirks."

"Does one of its quirks involve going to sleep at a normal time and on a bed?" An grumbled, half asleep in the backseat of a cheap, rusted car.

"Uhm, I wouldn't include that on the list, that's why we get free coffee every single show." Kohane replied, resulting in An groaning in response. "Uhm babe, I could request for the car to turn around."

"No..I'm a representative for idol Azusawa Kohane." An mumbled, scooting herself closer to her girlfriend.

"For free?"

"I'll take a kiss as payment." An softly spoke, leaning onto Kohane's shoulder as she could barely keep her eyes open with another hour on the road.

"Gladly." Kohane smiled.

By the time they made it to their destination, An was already sound asleep in the girl's lap, she would always insist on a few more minutes to themselves despite the tight schedules, because in her words, "Who needs intense schedules when you have a beautiful girl by your side?"

"Azusawa, you should start preparing your entrance on stage."

"A few more minutes and I'll make my way there." She replied, caressing the other girl's hair gently.

"Just to confirm..that girl is your friend, correct? You seem quite attentive to her considering the lack of time you have."

"Of course, because she deserves the world, she does far more than what I could ever pay back, a few minutes won't hurt."

"Okay..make it on time, Azusawa."

"I always do."

"She's far more than that isn't she.." Those are words that most would hold back, seeing the way that they act together, being more inseparable than anything else in this world, there was no doubt that something had gone beyond the stages, but with no proof, words could hardly do the trick.