𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚

𝐓𝐖⚠️: mentions of abuse and rape ⚠️⚠️

I've never been the most important thing to anybody

At the age of 15 I saw my mother die in front of my eyes. By my own father who thought loved her. Broke her heart. Literally.

Flashback

It was a calm Christmas morning. Father was out on business so it was just me and mother as usual.

We were sitting by the tree waiting for father to come home. Mother let me open 2 presents before he came home.

Unwrapping the paper I took a peak inside. I gasp "mama it's beautiful!" I look at the gold sun pendent necklace, dangling and shining in the sunlight. I come up to her sitting on the ground in front of her, she clasps the necklace around my neck. Making sure to untuck my long curls which I got from her. She was African American and father was Italian, all I know is they had an arranged marriage and that's all they'll tell me.

I open the second one and see a small knife. I give her a confused look. "What's this for?" I ask holding it up. "You know your father has male guards around here. I don't want anything to happen to my sweet child." She cups my cheeks. "Use this if anyone tries to hurt or touch you." She says, I nod my head and examine the knifes sharp black with a white handle.

We sit together and watch Christmas movies while we wait.

All the sudden the front door bursts open and we can hear father walking. We pause the tv and sit in silence. this can't be good.
"CAZZO!" He tells storming into the living room. "Honey what's wrong?" Mother said walking up to him. "Don't touch me!." He screamed at my mother. She backed away. "Father what happened?" I say trying a different approach. "Such an idiot child." He said looking down at me. "Alessio, don't talk to your daughter like that." He glared at mother. I'm a blink he's slapped her and she's down on the ground. I run to her but he stops me pushing me back. I stumble back watching the scene unfold. Not daring to move because he has his gun out. We were used to his abusive behavior, but his never pulled his gun out in us.

He points it at mother. She looks terrified for her life. "Father don't do it!" I tell him calmly. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH CAGNA!" He shouts at me.

"I'm tired of your shit, I should've killed you sooner. Before you got pregnant with the worthless child."
He says as tears fall down my mothers face and mine. "You actually thought I loved you pathetic ass." He laughs before his face gets serious. The sound of a gunshot rings through the air. "NOO!!"

My mothers body goes limp. I sprint to her. Holding her body in my lap. "No, mama." I sob as I hold her lifeless body. "Get up you look like an idiot." Father said walking away. "Why would you do this!" I scream tears streaming down my face. "Do you want to be next, shut your mouth." He said pointing his gun at me now.

He walk out leaving me there to hold mother. "Mama," I cry sweating the pendent she got me.

I sit there and cry for hours.

Why did this happen to me.

End of flashback.

After that day father would be more abusive towards me mentally and physically.

He was never at home leaving me to be by myself. He never gave me the voice to go to school, making me get taught through the maids. I was actually very smart so I know I could've gone to any college

Whenever he was home he was drunk. He found that as the perfect opportunity to abuse me verbally and physically.

He made my life a living hell. I even thought about going the easy way out but I was to pussy to do it.
Taking all the beatings.

Flashback

It was my 16th birthday, father said he'd had a surprise for me. Not being excited I followed him down into the basement. I wasn't excited because his definition of a surprise was either hurting me or making me do something I didn't want to.

We entered a dark room and there was a man sitting on a chair in the middle of the room, I was also confused when I saw a bed on the other side. "What's going on father?" I ask getting scared of what might happen. "This man is going to show you some things ok." He walks out after flipping on the light. I get a view of the man now and see hes smirking. I try to walk out but I realize that the door is now locked. So I bang on it. "Father please what are you doing." No response.

I look behind me to see the man walking up to me and he harshly grabs my arms picking me up. I scream as loud as I can for help but no one will hear me. "Shut your mouth girl." The man says tossing me on the bed. "Don't do this please!" I cry trying to get free but he cuffs my hands to the bed. I'm screaming so loud that he puts a rag in my mouth, muffling my sobs.

He rips off my pants and see my underwear, he groans and touches he lower area. I thrash my feet all over the place. Running his hands up my legs he then rips off my underwear. I scream through the rag.

"I'm going to have so much fun with you. He grabs a condom and takes his pants off. I close my eyes knowing I can't do anything.

I pass out from pain.

I wake up as he was leaving. Not glancing back as he leaves me on the bed cuffed. I can't leave until the maids find me and help.

End of flashback

I was never the same after that day.

When I turned 18 father didn't let me leave.

When I told him I wanted to go to college he got aggressive. He broke my arm that night. Mad that I even thought about leaving him.

A practically lived in my room or the gym downstairs. I like keeping my body healthy and in shape.

Being so bored in a house you have to find things that can keep you busy so I learned how to throw knives and I was good. Always using the one mother gave me as a child, keeping it close to my heart.
I also learned how to fight. I had this really great coach I didn't know his name because he never told me but he taught me everything I know and pretty much became my father figure. He told me to use these techniques on my dad but of course I would never do that. He stopped coming after he told me that I was better than his own son, which boosted my ego but I was still sad that he was leaving me.

I grew pretty tough skin being in that household, I did talk back. In my head. Never daring to say things out loud.

I had to learn to keep my head down, keep quite, and stay out of the way.

That's what I told my self everyday.

A/n

First chapter done, it's her story kinda but more of a flashback of what she's been through.

Please vote for my story. And comment how you feel about this chapter.