Chapter 9: The Queen

"I hope Aria's team's doing better than us," Lola said, stopping for a rest. The Queen's chambers were much more difficult to find than the map had said. For hours, they had been walking - following the map - and now, they were still...looking for it. "We'll need a miracle to find the chamber."

"I guess we'll have to arrange for one," Peter teased playfully. Lola gave him a sudden hug, which Peter was taken aback by.

"Thank you for being there for me since day one," she whispered. She wasn't letting go.

Peter smiled back at her and gave her a warm hug back in reply.

"Aw," Fiyeree said, placing her hands below her chin.

"That could be us in the future. Maybe right?" Atticus said arrogantly. "I could make it work."

Fiyeree walked away in disgust.

The royals walked for several more moments before reaching a stunning entrance encased in ice. "Interesting," Atticus noted. The entrance was quickly taken down by one single flame from Lola, revealing a spectacular throne room. At the end of the room was an ice coffin, instead of a throne. All around the room were ice pillars, which had multiple statues in front of them. Fiyeree recognised all of them as royals - legendary royals from the first ages.

Lola walked to the coffin first, running her fingers along the frozen markings on the coffin. "It seems like something's written here. It appears to be the ancient old tongue."

"Let me see," Atticus said. "I surely would know old tongue."

Fiyeree glared at him skeptically. "Whatever you say."

"Easy. We have to open the coffin," Atticus said.

"I don't think it would be that easy," Peter shook his head.

"I know my stuff, Peter," Atticus growled. He slowly began lifting the coffin. "Help me, you lazy bastards."

They lifted to coffin cover, revealing absolutely nothing but more markings carved into the bottom of the coffin.

"What's this now Atticus?" Fiyeree asked. "You sure you can read this?"

"Yes yes I'm sure," he ducked down and read the marking out loud. "It's quite a lot to read out."

"Go on," Peter commanded.

"Deep in the scrolls of ancient lore, a prophecy concealed, hidden of yore, a queen, a dragon, bound in fate's thread, a truth unveiled, yet not widely spread. You get the gist, it seems to be a sort of poem. Her fiery wings, her scales of gold, a queen unseen, a story untold, her power concealed, her form disguised, above the readers, her kingdom lies," Atticus took a breath. "Beneath the skies, so high and grand, her realm extends, a hidden land, her subjects unaware, oblivious they roam.

So listen well, dear reader true. The hidden message, unveiled to you. Look above, beyond the blue. Unveil the truth, let your gaze ascend, embrace the power that's been foretold, my friend, for the queen who is a dragon, a tale so grand, is hidden above, your command."

Lola looked at Fiyeree. "That could only mean one thing..."

"...we're directly under her," Fiyeree finished as everyone looked up. There in the ice ceiling was a mesmerizing display of swirling blue hues. The royals looked up in awe, their voices trailing off into dead silence. As they watched, the colours coalesced, forming the shape of a majestic dragon, frozen in mid-flight. It wasn't a dragon with wings, but rather one with a long body, azure scales and four furry legs.

The dragon seemed to be suspended in time, as if trapped within the very ceiling of the chamber. It had small white horns and eyes that shined an otherworldly glow, a mix of both mystery and sorrow. It's fangs grasped onto an emerald sword.