i.

"is that thing on?" satoru heard your voice on the tape recording he inserted in his laptop.

there were sounds of shuffling and giggling before the black screen revealed the four students. teenage years of him, suguru, shoko, and [name].

you beamed at the camcorder and waved happily. satoru remembered being jealous of this moment because he watched shoko hugging your waist like you two were girlfriends.

there was a dull, throbbing of pain he felt in his heart when he eyed suguru who mischievously smiled at him before patting your head.

you seemed very well loved during your teenage years.

because why not?

you just had this gravitating aura; like a beacon of hope that everything's gonna be alright. there was this feel around you being surrounded of purity and innocence that people couldn't help but want to protect you.

"yo! keep your hands off my girl!" he heard his voice yelling like a brat.

suguru, who enjoyed goading his bestfriend, wrapped his arms around your neck. you and shoko were giggling like schoolgirls as you waited the everyday banter these two idiots had.

"what girl?"

"the one you're holding."

"she's your girl?"

"she is my girl. got a problem with that?"

he didn't resist throwing a playful punch at his bestfriend when suguru tightened his grip around you. no man should ever hold you like that! only he could!

his smile went bittersweet at the sight of the camera being tossed around like a shuttlecock. the sounds of your melodic laugh and shoko's betting made satoru wish he could rewind back to 2006 where everything was all right.

most of all, 2006 was the year you gave your yes to satoru and the you who became the happiest.