Best Friends?

Contains sexual content.

Best friends to lovers, vanilla, gentle. 

Cara's POV

"Zee, I swear to god, we're adults now and you still cannot be on time," I say on the voicemail and then delete the message, sighing. 

I look over at the wine and cheese that I had pulled out of the fridge and then my eyes look out the window in my living room. There's an ache in my heart that shouldn't be there. 

Zee, short for Zavier, has been my best friend since we were in high school. And now we are adults doing our adult jobs and we made it. We survived the distance when we went to separate colleges and we were back to who we were once we realized we're in the same city. 

But everyday he gets more and more far away from me. I can tell something is wrong I just don't know what. 

That's it though. I give up on trying. I pack everything up, roll myself up in a blanket and lie down on my couch as I choose something on Netflix to watch. 30 minutes into a movie, I hear the key turn in the door and roll my eyes. 

Now he decides to show up after no call or message. 

He walks in with a guilty look on his face as he takes off his suit jacket. 

"I'm sorry, I got caught up in work..."

"It's okay," I say and point to the kitchen, "There's some wine and cheese if you want some."

He looks surprised, as if he expected me to ask for more explanations or be mad at him and that is exactly what I would have done if I wasn't feeling all this sadness instead of anger. 

Instead of getting anything to eat or drink he sits next to me on the couch, his hands over my feet above the blanket I have. He holds one of my ankles and I look at him. 

"I really am sorry," he says. 

"Okay," I nod at him and go back to the movie. 

Something irritates him, I can see when his expression changes. 

"I'll leave then," he gets up and now I'm confused. 

"But you didn't eat anything," I say. 

"I'll eat at home," he shrugs and I scoff. 

"There's food in the fridge," I say and he shakes his head. 

"Are you mad at me?" I ask finally. Is he serious?

"I.. I don't know," he sighs frustratedly. 

"Say what's on your mind, don't hold your feelings in," I tell him when I see him struggling with words. "It's just me," I add as I get up to go heat up the pasta I made earlier. It's late and I'm sure he hasn't eaten much today. 

"You frustrate me," he says in my ear and I realize he's standing right behind me. So close that I feel his breath next to my ear. 

"Zavier, I don't know what I did" I say as I work, not knowing what else to say. 

"Cara you... he rests his forehead on my shoulder and presses himself closer to me. And I feel his hardness rub on me, making it harder to think. He continues, "you do this to me, you are on my mind all the time, I have to force myself to not text you back or call you so that I'm not in this position every time of the day. You... I can't seem to stop myself from touching you or being near you." 

He moves back and forth, and a shivering breath leaves me. 

"Tell me stop Cara and I will, put a stop to this Cara or I'll go mad thinking about you all the damn time." He sounds in pain and I know he will stop if I tell him to. 

But that's not what I want. 

I push myself back into him and hear him groan. 

"Don't stop," I whisper, almost moaning it out. 

He wraps a hand around my waist as his other holds the counter, caging me in his arms. "Are you sure?" The worths leave his mouth in a hurry and my lips twitch, still a gentleman. 

"Yes, I'm sure." I tell him and his lips meet my neck, assaulting it and I lean my head back onto his chest, my mouth open as no other words come out of it. I can still feel his hardness on my ass and his hand on my waist goes lower, cupping my pussy from over the shorts I'm wearing making me moan. 

He turns me around and his lips meet mine. We kiss each other as if we wanted to do this for ages and finally got to do it and I think it's the truth. There's anger and passion and so much need in that kiss. My hands are in his hair while his are on my neck. His one hand slides down my back and underneath my shorts where he grabs my ass making me pressed against him. 

"So responsive, Cara," he says in between. And then he's raising me up so that my legs wrap around him and leads us to my bedroom. 

"You can still back out Cara," he looks into my eyes as he lowers me down on the bed and I shake my head. 

He grinds himself on me and my head tilts back from the feeling. I move to take his shirt off and slowly all our clothes follow until we're down to his boxers and my panties. He rubs his fingers over my core above the fabric and a glint takes over in his eyes as my breathing quickens. 

"So wet already?" He teases and I roll my eyes at his cockiness. 

"Need I remind you of how hard your cock is?" I muse and he smirks. 

He removes his boxers and then my panties and rubs his tip right at my entrance making my breath itch. 

Fuck. I did not think he would be that forward. 

"Too fast?" He questions with concern in his eyes and I shake my head but he's still looking at me. 

"I... just be gentle please?" I say, embarrassed and his eyes soften. He kisses me and in between his kiss I feel him press himself inside me and I moan in his mouth at the feeling of fullness. He keeps up with the slow pace and doesn't go too far and once he realizes that I'm okay he pushes all of him in making me hold his shoulders. 

"That's it babe, that's it," he says and I melt. He increases his pace and lets himself go as we both become a mess of words and moans. 

"I'm..." 

"Me too," He follows my words and as I hit my high, its followed by a few final thrusts from him as he lets himself find his high too. 

He pulls out, and lays down next to me as we calm down. 

"You'll be the death of me Cara," he says looking at the ceiling and I smile.