Chapter 7: The Aftermath

"What are you doing here?!" Adam exclaimed, seeing Adora thrown in the spaceship.
"I couldn't just let you die, Adam."
"Why not?!"
"Because... yes I had friends but nobody cared as much as you did, and never will. In the end, everyone would just do what's best for themselves, but not you; you always put me first, made my life... Less boring, good. I thought you knew I can't go on without you,"
Adam stared at her, and accepted it. That was another thing Adora noticed in him that she didn't in anyone else; he would never be mad at her, at least not for longer than two seconds. He was really the best brother. No, more in fact; the nicest and best person too. Sometimes, she felt like she wasn't a good enough sister though. He was doing so much and she was doing so little if not nothing. She tried to help; but he was... Complicated, to the point she doubted he would appreciate help more than none. Still, it often made her guilty, and she couldn't understand the solution. To avoid making him feel like a bad brother, since he was literally the opposite, she just never talked about it.
"But what about the friend group?" Adam finally asked, breaking her train of thoughts.
"As I said, they'll be fine."
The spaceship suddenly took off with a jolt.