Chapter 14: Death and Birth

Boon and Zack wrestled on the smooth cement floor as Rob and Olvia watched in shock. Jumping into action Olivia pulled Boon off of Zack, he continued to kick and swing his fists in Zack's direction. Snapping back to reality, Rob stepped between Zack and Boon, ensuring that Zack wouldn't try anything.

"Are you crazy!" Rob shouted, his voice filled with frustration. "Did you suddenly forget that he has a restraining order on you? Zack pull it together!"

Sarah came rushing around the corner, she seemed panicked and was dragging Prof. Dowding behind her. "He's just over here. Deb thinks he's choking," She explained to the teacher. But as they got closer the old man's face changed from worry to anger. Sarah froze when she saw the scene in front of them.

"I on Earth do you think you are doing!" Professor Bobby Dowding shouted, his stern gaze sweeping the group, including Sarah. "Look at the mess you've all made, no one is going anywhere until it is cleaned up and I get some answers."

"But I had nothing to do with this." Sarah protested "I was getting you, so you could help Boon."

"Boon looks fine to me." Bobby eyes him, "Though he may want to consider putting some clothes on."

"Shit," Boon muttered, his face turned bright red before he ducked back into the locker room.

"Well the rest of you need to get to work, I'll pull you aside as I need you," Bobby commanded.

-----

Father Bill sat hunched over the CCTV feeds in the university dean's office, his eyes scanning for one person in particular, Deb. He knew she was seeing someone and had his suspicions as to who it was. He needed proof to confront her, as so far he had come up with nothing.

There was a knock on the door and Kenzie entered the room. her fiery red hair framing her face as seemed confused by Father Bill's presence. "I'm sorry, Father, I was hoping to speak to the Dean. My nursing schedule came out for the month and it interferes with some of my dawn duties. Is he around?" her eyes scan the room for Pablo

Father Bill looked up, his blue eyes meeting Kenzie's. "I'm sorry, the dean is attending to an important matter across campus today." He paused, his expression turning thoughtful. "Tell me, Zack is a resident on your floor right?"

Kenzie's face brightened. "Yeah, though I haven't seen him around the dorm as much lately."

"Oh," Father Bill said with a nod. "I was hoping I would be able to catch him, talk to him about his recent confession."

"Isn't at St Jerome's a lot?" Kenzie asked, her curiosity piqued. "I mean he is dating Deb, after all, I see them heading off together all the time.

"Oh is that so?" Father Bill replied, trying to hide his disdain "I will just have to keep a better eye out for him around campus, thank you, my dear." He escorted her out of the office, closing the door on the confused young woman.

-----

Meanwhile, in the locker room, Zack, Deb, Rob, Olivia, and Sarah were hard at work cleaning up the mess left by Boon and Zack's outburst. As Rob and Zack straightened an out-of-place locker, Sarah muttered angrily to herself as she mopped up the floor. She whispered about getting payback for being forced to clean up their mess and uttered it aloud.

Deb rolled her eyes as she overheard Sarah's empty threats, but she quickly composed herself, not wanting to rock the boat. Zack on the other hand could barely keep control of his anger, his eyes flickering with pink energy.

"Rob, I think you might be right about having to kill Boon." He hissed through gritted teeth. "And that is just fine with me."

"Zack, we can't kill him," Rob sighed, knowing it was just Zack's anger talking. "He may not have control of his actions, besides if we kill him Sloth could just create another Familiar. It doesn't solve anything." He gave Zack a reassuring look, trying to soothe some of his rage.