Chapter 19: Prime Suspect

It had been months since that bitterly cold December night when Sarah watched Boon leave Ethel's house, his breath visible in the frosty air. His frustration was palpable, emanating from him like the fog that clung to the ground. She could sense that he was still human and desperate.

"Perfect," she murmured under her breath, cloaking herself in a shadowy veil before following Boon to the dimly lit parking lot.

She glided to his driver-side door, and tapped on the window, "Boon" she whispered.

He turned around, confusion etched on his face. "What do you want?"

"I can give you what you want most," she said, feigning concern.

"Really?" Boon's eyes widened with hope.

"I can give to the curse and change you into a vessel," Sarah explained, keeping her true identity hidden. "You will have more power than you could ever imagine."

"Even more than Zack. " Boon replied clearly eager to surpass his rival.

"You'll be able to crush him and anyone else in your way." She reached out, her clawed hand grazing Boon's skin, leaving a dark, sinister symbol behind. As Boon's body contorted and changed, Sarah smiled wickedly.

-----

In the present, Rob knocked on Lindsey's door, He knew he had to convince her that Sarah was the killer before anyone else got hurt. Zack stood nearby, prepared to reveal himself to Lindsey if they needed to.

"What are you two doing here?" Lindsey asked as she answered the door. "I am in the middle of a dinner party."

Rob and Zack turned to see the small row of cars lining the street. "So sorry Lindsey but we have some important information about the case and it will only take a minute, promise." Rob looked at Lindsey with pleading eyes.

"Fine, one minute and that is it," she ushered to boys into the living room. "this dinner is with the heads of the department so let's make this quick."

Lindsey walked back to the dining room and explained some old friends had dropped by to pick something up before returning the boys. "My office now." once tucked away Rob explained that Sarah was the killer, being sure to leave out all the supernatural elements of the murders.

"Think about it, Lindsey. Bobby Dowding doesn't fit the profile, he was at one of the crime scenes with his girlfriend. Who takes their girlfriend to a murder?" Rob argued. "Sarah on the other hand is a loner and a stalker, always watching everyone through her camera. She is getting revenge on the 2018 Waterloo cheer team, taking them out one by one, she was at the rave too."

"Sure, but that's just speculation. There is still no hard evidence that Waterloo had a cheer team in 2018." Lindsey countered skeptically, her arms folded across her chest. "You need more proof, either of the cover-up or someone who can place Sarah at another crime scene."

"Fine," Zack interjected, he was ready to give up but then he saw some stills of the security camera footage from the hospital the night Nancy was killed hanging on the murder board. The killer was walking by the nurse's station and in the reflection was Kenzie walking towards the killer. "Kenzie saw the killer!" Zack announced pointing out her reflection in the corner mirror.

Lindsey spun around so fast that she almost fell off her chair. Her eyes scanned the photo until she found the reflection.

"Wait a second," Lindsey said, her brows furrowing as she remembered. "Kenzie mentioned something about that night. She said she talked to a young blonde woman because she seemed lost, but the woman didn't want any help."