Chapter 2

No words left Saori's mouth as she walked into the restaurant having a karaoke night . "Let's go in!"

Changbin knew well of Saori's attributes, especially her melodious voice, and sharp rapping. She was one of the only people that could worthily compete against him, in a vocal or rap competition. 

After quickly getting permission from the employee, they walked over to the makeshift stage. "Do you want to battle?"

"Why not?" she said, not paying much attention to the question as she was in a  dilemma on what song to pick. 

Suddenly it dawned upon her. 'BLACKPINK'  had recently released their hit song 'DDU-DU-DDU-DU', and she had learnt the dance to it. She searched for the song on the monitor and pressed play.

The intro to the song sent waves across the restaurant. The powerful performance and rap inclined song had to be done justice, and Saori did not disappoint. After successfully completing the chorus, she prepared herself for the most iconic part. As if Jennie herself had possessed the girl, she pronounced each and every word smoothly and with pride, and her moment was over in a jiffy.

The audience burst into applause. She bowed before jokingly asking Changbin, "You sure you're still gonna compete?", to that he simply smirked. Oh the things he did to her. 

Soon enough, 'BANG BANG BANG' by 'BIGBANG' encompassed the room. He absolutely killed it. The song was tailored to perfection, just for Changbin. 

Judging by the fact that both of them chose incredibly popular songs, and that the audience was chanting to the beat, it would be hard to decide a winner. Changbin grabbed the mic. "Who was better, me or her?" he asked pointing at the girl. "Ok those for me, make some noise." A loud applause was heard. "And for her?". 

An uproar, a few girls whistling and screaming. She smiled "I think it's clear who won, thank you guys!" she said quickly before hurrying to catch up to Changbin, who was brooding over to the exit. 

On the walk back to Saori's dorm, the pair were arguing, the sides however, quite ironically chosen. "I'm telling you Changbin, it's just because D4 is trending right now, you did way better than me!" she was frustrated, trying to prove him wrong. "No! You're just more talented, why won't you accept it?"

Saori let out a sound of frustration. They had reached by now. The girl took out her keys quite aggressively and unlocked the door. "You hungry?" Saori asked, her care for Changbin resurfacing. "I'm always hungry". She chuckled before heading to the kitchen to arrange something for the two.

Changbin took it upon himself to start working on their unfinished song. After all these years of friendship, of course he knew the password to her laptop. Soon enough, Saori came back to the living room and placed a bowl of chicken stew on the table.

These small, but loving actions left Changbin helplessly falling for her, but he couldn't admit it. He slightly bowed his head in appreciation and put the laptop away. 

"Let's watch something" Saori picked up the remote, switched on the TV and started scrolling. Unable to decide between new series', she clicked 'play' on Modern Family.

They ate their stew in silence, a giggle heard once in a while, as the humorous show went on. Saori had noticed that the bowls were empty, so she paused the show and tried to take the bowl from Changbin's hand.

 "Dae, just sit back, I'll keep the platters" he resisted giving her the bowl and took her own. She watched him walk over to the kitchen sink and lightly wash the two dishes. She softly smiled to herself.

When Changbin sat back down, she rested her head on his shoulder. "Thank you" she mumbled. "For what?" he leaned his head on hers despite the butterflies. "For today, for everything"