Chapter 6

Later that day, Changbin's friends had called him over. Jisung, one of the said friends, was hosting the impromptu get together at his shared dorm with Hyunjin. 

"And then Changbin said he was average height-" It seemed that he had walked in amid a conversation. Minho burst out laughing, soon followed by the speaker himself.

Changbin whined in protest. "I'm right here!". He was quick to get into a boyish fight with Jisung, who was unprepared. Minho, (probably psychopathic)  just sat there cackling, a very chaotic picture overall.

"Chan! Look at what Changbin is doing!" Jisung fussed, yelling to Chan, the eldest, for help. "Alright, guys stop." Chan chuckled, haphazardly trying to seperate the two, his dimples showing.

Changbin huffed.

"You should learn to respect your elders!"

"Well you should get taller!"

"You're the one to talk, you're literally as short as me!"

"Watching these two dwarves argue about height is the funniest thing." While the two the squabbling, they hadn't noticed Hyunjin walk in. Hyunjin, the 5'10" one.

Yet another fight broke out, the tallest dramatically thrashing his hands in defense. "It's not my fault all of you are short!" Hyunjin objected, before Chan stopped them yet again.

"Anyway, does anyone want snacks?" Minho asked, nonchalantly. A flurry of enthusiastic responses were heard. "Get it yourself then." 

------------------------------

Changbin and his friends were now sprawled out across the room, each engaged with their own conversations, before Chan stood up.

"Well, I'm leaving, I have a date." A bunch of "ooh's" and whistles made Chan's face go red. "Good luck Chan!" It was important to encourage him, even if it was teasing in nature. 

After Chan left, Jisung spoke up. "Speaking of dates.." The boys all looked around ominously at each other. Minho cleared his throat, and intensely stared into Jisung's eyes. Jisung looked away. 

Changbin, noticing this subtle interaction, figured something was up. But, he avoided bringing that up, and instead talked about himself. "Well, no updates with Saori." The silence of the room shattered.

"Oh my god, when are you going to ask her out?"

"If you don't shoot your shot, then someone else will!"

These two statements came from Hyunjin and Jisung. Minho stayed quiet. "I know, I know, Yeonjun told me to confess before Christmas." Changbin didn't know if he had the guts, but he had to give his friends something.

"And? Are you going to do it?" Hyunjin leaned forward, lowkey pressuring him. "Yeah, I think so." Jisung and Hyunjin cheered. "What about you Hyunjin? You can't just interrogate me, and get away yourself."

All eyes were now on the said boy. "Nope, nothing here, I'm too fine to date just anyone." He rolled his eyes, emphasising on 'anyone'.

"Well, it looks like everyone's doing great, I'm going to leave now." Minho abruptly got up and headed towards the door. "Wait!" Jisung stumbled, trying to get up and match Minho's pace, leaving only Hyunjin and Changbin in the room.

"I wonder what happened between them." Hyunjin inquired. "Me too, did you see the way Minho stared at Jisung when he brought up dates?" The pair were concerned for their friends.

"I thought I was the only one. But anyway, let's talk about you for a second." Hyunjin looked straight at Changbin. "I know you like too much to ruin the friendship, but you should be open about your feelings, you bottle yourself up too much Changbin."

The taller gave him a knowing look. Changbin sighed. "I should, shouldn't I?"