Chapter 4

Halfway through his second class, Changbin got distracted, carried away by his thoughts and daydreams. One person dominated them all. Saori. Changbin had never experienced being in love before, but he was sure that this was it.

With every butterfly he felt when their hands touched, the warmth in his chest when she complimented him, every moment they spent together, Changbin was falling deeper and deeper.

He wasn't sure when he started feeling this way. In their 9 years of friendship, the starting mark was quite blurry. Subconsciously, a smile decorated his face, while he was thinking all things Saori.

Thank heavens this was college. He would've been put in a very embarrassing position if a high school teacher called him out at times like these. By the time he'd gathered himself, the class had ended.

But at least Changbin still attended his class. Saori on the other hand was racing to finish her assignment before 12PM, when it was due. She didn't regret spending time with  her friends yesterday, but she was beginning to think about taking a time management course.

She had missed two of her classes already, and she was a mess, like her desk. Still in pyjamas, with her hair loosely tied up, and her glasses constantly being pushed up her nose bridge, she hated what she looked like at that very moment.

However, a certain somebody found it adorable. Of course, Changbin had spare keys to her dorm. And there he was, smiling at an unsuspecting Saori. "Hey Daeun-" Saori let out a screech. "What the fuck? What are you doing here?" she exclaimed, now trying to fix up her hair.

 Changbin dramatically panted with a hand over his heart. "Why did you scream like that? You scared the living shit out of me!" Saori smiled a little. "I'm here because you didn't attend your classes. Soojin told me that you didn't complete your assignment yet." Changbin continued.

He then went over to the small pantry and poured her a glass of water. "Here, calm down and tell me how much you've done." Saori chugged down the water like it was the first glass she'd had in months. 

She took a few deep breaths. "I'm done with the research, the introduction and half of the body. I can't think of what else to include." She dramatically threw her head back. "Okay, let's see, have you mentioned the data and correlations?" Changbin broke down the task systematically.

"Yeah, I need to write one more paragraph to complete the body." Saori was now more focused, trying to figure out what was missing. "What about the emotional implications?" Changbin was a genius. Saori's face lit up. Maybe she'd be able to submit the assignment after all.

"Oh my life, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Saori's excitement showed on her face, each thank you more enthusiastic than the next. Changbin sat there all throughout, while she wrote the final words to complete her paper.

She scribbled down the date and her name, before jolting up. She side hugged Changbin, causing butterflies to erupt in Changbin's stomach once again. She ran out of the door, rushing to get to class on-time.

Saori reached the classroom just as the students were turning in their papers. Soojin glared at her, threatening her to get to the line quicker. She had made it. Heaving sighs of exhaustion and relief, she tiredly stacked her paper on the pile.

She could barely concentrate on the professors words, as the session went on. She was waiting for it to get over any second. She felt like she hadn't thanked Changbin properly. Hence, when the liberating sound of the bell rung, she left immediately in search of him.