Chapter Four

Sitting outside of the facility, I tried catching my breath and finding where my head was at. Cold air blew across my face and brushed the loose strands of my brown hair into my ear and under my chin.

What Erik had said early got me a little on edge. He was here for something, but what exactly? Mostly likely information about Shaw, but to know that he will leave as soon as he got here made me angry and a little sad.

Leaning backwards into my hands, I looked up towards the sky to take in the glimmering stars and the shining moon above me. My mother use to tell me stories of Jesus and God, I most enjoyed the ones about the angels.

"Cassandra?" I heard someone ask as the front door opened and then closed. The person moved out of the shadows and into the light for me to get a better view of them.

"Yes?" I asked as I noticed it was Charles. Sitting up straight, I brushed my hair back behind my ear and unfolded my legs.

"Moria would like to talk to you inside," He responded as he came closer. I got up from the concrete bench and moved to the door he just came through. "May I ask you something?"

"Anything. I am now apart of this team." I said as I grabbed for the door handle. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Charles staring back at me.

"How long have you known Erik?" He asked. My hand clenched around the handle and unclenched as I fought for the right words to say.

"Long enough," I said opening the door. Stepping through the threshold, I stopped and kept the door open. "To know that he's doing something wrong right now."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Moria sat in a chair across from me as she placed a tape recorder on the table before the both of us. She rubbed her hands on her pant legs and then looked up at me, nervousness covering her face.

"You don't have to be scared of me." I said laughing under my breath. People have cowered under me before, so I am a little use to what the agent is feeling.

"I want you to know that this is confidential," I eyed the recorded in front me. "What-what I mean is that it will not leave this building and fall into the CIA's or FBI's hands."

I crossed my legs so my knees sat on top of one another and stretched out my arms above my head as Moria asked the first question.

"Have you encountered Sebastian Shaw before the incident last night?" She asked as I eyed her carefully.

"Yes," I said and she twirled her hand in the air like I needed to continue. "I was experimented on when I was in a Nazi concentration camp, I was younger then. He had learned of my ability and killed my mother for not showing what I was capable of."

"And your power is?" She asked as I stopped talking. A smile grew on my face as I noticed her getting a little unsettled.

"I can show anyone's future and their past. And no matter how great it may have been or is, I will find a way to twist it and show them what could have really happened. Their death... will be clear to them."

Moria took in a shaky deep breath and released it as she turned the tape recorder off. I placed my hands on the table and sighed like this was a waste of my time.

"That was it?" I asked with a crooked smile on my face. The agent got up and stood behind her chair with her back to me.

"We will continue this when you are more willing to give me straight answers." She said coldly. The smile on my face turned to a frown as I stood up in a rush.

"You don't believe me?" I asked frustrated and angered at her. "Why don't I show you, then maybe you'll believe me."

Agent MacTaggert turned around sharply and gave me a glare that would send anyone into a corner, but I have taken care of people with more menacing stares than hers. The smile reappeared on my lips again and she dropped her eyes from mine.

"I believe you," She said walking to the door with her files. "I just don't trust you." The metal door slammed behind her and I was still standing there with hatred for Agent Moria MacTaggert running through me.

<~><~><~><~><~><~>

Mostly a filler chapter, though the next one will have more information.

Your Friend,
micro