Chapter Ten

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missiles crossing the Embargo Line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States." The voice of president John F. Kennedy rings in my ears as he gives his speak on the impending war-ships that Russia brings ever closer to our territory.

My teeth grind against each other as my hands clench tightly until I let them go and feel pain stretch up my arms. Images of Shaw attacking Cuba runs rampant in my mind as I also see him torturing myself and Erik back in the early days of World War Two. I couldn't help myself from bursting out in rage at the thought of Shaw starting a full out war that doesn't need to involve humans.

"We must go now," I say unconsciously as Charles stares at me like I'm crazy. "He'll plan an attack as soon as a ship nears that line and we won't be there, ready to fight him before he creates the third major war." Erik nods his head in approval but adds his own words of advice to calm me down and settle all of our rushed minds.

"We know he'll be there, but I also know that he isn't going to strike now," Erik said glancing at Charles then to me. "I suggest you all get a good nights sleep." He said leaving the room as I stood there with my cheeks flushed with anger and my hands twitching with rage.

**••**••

"You must let me help you, Cassandra," Charles pleaded with me as I got frustrated and threw my gloves onto the coffee table next to me, pulling at my hair lightly and breathing deeply. "Relax your mind and let it do what it wants."

"What do you want me to do?! If I let my mind go, it'll create a disaster on me and everything around me! I could possible send everything to its death by not controlling my powers!" I yelled as Charles went into the hallway and picked up the vase that we were working with that I knocked over with a large stomp.

"That's what we are doing, controlling. Now, breath ease and focus. Focus on the vase. Where do you want it to go? Do you want it to be crushed?" He spoke with calmness in his voice as I followed him to where he was standing in the middle of the corridor.

I closed my eyes and talked myself into moving the vase or at least doing something with it. Opening my eyes again, I saw the vase and only the cremated pottery piece in front of me. Then it was gone, disappeared from its place on the end of the table. I heard Charles chuckle then clap as he congratulated me on my success.

A wave of sickness washed over me as I fell to the hardwood flooring. I could feel pain traveling up my arms and back then in my head as I caught glimpses of Charles, Erik, and I on a beach. Xavier lays in someone's arms as Erik stares at me with a pleading look. I look between them then everything goes black as I feel the pain go away and my eyes shoot open.

"Cass!" Erik exclaims as he sees me on the floor with Charles holding my shoulders in his hands. He sprints down the hallway to me as I struggle to sit up and take in what just happened. Erik crouched down to my height and helps me sit up as Charles goes to look for Moria and Hank.

"Erik," I say as he places his hands on the sides of my face. He has that same pleading look that I saw when I blacked out. "I'm always with you. I promise."