Chapter Thirteen

Across the beach from me was Shaw's team of bandits. Ready to fight on his command, for a stupid reason, for a man that made a big mistake. Alex and Hank stood between me as I reached for my gun first and waited until someone made another move.

Then Alex shot first, firing one of his red energy balls at the men on the other side of the beach. It hit one but the other, the red one, disappeared then reappeared behind us, wrapping his devil like tail around Alex's neck and slashing a knife at my back. I dodged it and grabbed onto the tail as I felt Hank lunge at the man.

Then we were falling, through the air. I lost my grip on the appendage and slipped lose from my state of mind until Alex yelled to Hank to save us. He reached out for Alex's hand but couldn't get mine as I was already far below them. I wrapped my arms around my chest and closed my eyes as I concentrated in the ship below me.

Charles words from yesterday came back in my head as I breathed in and released the air steadily. Opening my eyes, I found myself standing on the bow of the American battleship with the red man, Hank, and Alex showing up in front of me not to later. I felt the full weight of the impact I should have token lay on my chest making me collapse to the deck.

"Cassandra!" I heard the young teen call to me as I stood up easily and pulled out a knife from its sheath. The red man had his back to me, busy fighting with Hank who had a tight grip on his shoulder. Taking the knife, I slashed it deep into the mans back, making him cry out in pain. "Look out!"

Guards were coming at us from each side and I removed the blade from the mans back before he disappeared with Hank. Alex laid on the deck as I held up my hands and dropped the knife, showing that I wasn't going to fight them. Then Angel appeared from the other end of the ship, coming toward us and the innocent soldiers.

She spit one of her toxic substances at us and I jumped to the side as Alex dropped to the deck pulling off his device on his chest that was burning. I stood up beige she left and threw a knife at her as she was flying away. It lodged in her shoulder as she gripped it and pulled it out.

"Alex, are you okay?" I asked the blonde haired boy as Angel went off with Sean who came out of the water before she could do anymore damage. He nodded his head as the soldiers came out again and held their guns at us. "Be ready, I'm gonna get us outta here."

The guards lead us down the side of the ship as Banshee and Angel came back around. I saw one of the red haired boys wings on fire as the continued flying towards the beach. Reaching out for Alex, I held onto his arm and shut my eyes again, feeling my mind expand and ease as I concentrated on the beach.

Opening my eyes, I looked at the upturned aircraft I was just on not long ago then felt myself fold over in pain. Alex felt the same as he threw up his stomach then held his head as I knew he didn't handle the move through time so well. He looked at me in amazement as he then noticed Hank and the red man coming into the beach as well.

I moved out of the way as I heard Shaw's voice over my shoulder and saw him standing there. The red man did too as he looked over and stopped his tail from going into Hanks head. Then Beast grabbed him and threw him at the plane then knocked him to the ground as I continued looking at Shaw who turned out to be Raven.

"How'd you do that?" Alex asked as he stood back up and looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders as an answer for I really didn't know how I did that. "Are you okay?" He walked over and wiped off sand that was coving my hair and shoulders as I brushed off some ash from his shoulder as well.

"Today, our fighting stops!"