56. Caught

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CAUGHT

Hours later, and the group were still walking down the long corridor. Kimmy was so tired she half wished that she was back in the small room.

"I mean, you have to admit," Dustin spoke up, Kimmy refraining from rolling her eyes. The boy had spoke the entire time, and Kimmy wished for nothing more than for silence. "As a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive."

"Well I'm not very impressed." Aaron retorted with a scoff. "God forbid something would go wrong, then you're fucked. There's no exit doors or stairs, just one crappy elevator that drops you to the pits of the Earth. This place is a total fire hazard."

"They're commies." Erica shrugged in response, much calmer than Aaron was. "You don't pay people, they cut corners."

"And, to be fair to our Russian comrades," Robin spoke up in a tired voice sighing as she did so. "I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking."

"Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo." Dustin spoke up again, rambling once more. "It all comes into the mall like any old delivery. And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"Maybe that's why the mall was built." Kimmy shrugged in a bored voice, her eyes glued to her feet as she walked.

"You think they built this entire mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked Kimmy with a surprised voice, the brunette glancing up at him and shrugging.

"I seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison." Dustin shot down with a shake of his head. "It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something."

"What the hell is promethium?" Erica asked with her face scrunched up in confusion.

"I have no idea." Kimmy told the girl honestly Kimmy had never heard about whatever Dustin was talking about.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." Robin explained in a blunt voice.

Kimmy raised her brows but didn't say anything about it, knowing if she didn't get the reference she didn't really care enough to make the girl explain.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." Erica mocked, placing her hands to her stomach as she pretended to vomit.

Kimmy wasn't phased by Erica's remark, not caring that she had been lumped in with Dustin, Robin and Aaron.

Apparently Steve didn't have the same opinion.

"No, no, no." Steve shook his head, completely offended by what Erica had said. "Don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, alright."

"Why so sensitive, Harrington?" Robin teased, only annoying Steve more. "Afraid of losing cool points to a ten year old girl?"

"Yeah," Aaron agreed in a teasing voice as he looked up at his brother. "Are you scared we're going to find out your super, scary secret that you're really a nerd? Steve Harrington is a nerd-"

"No." Steve shook his head as he cut Aaron of in a firm voice. "I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about... Prometheus."

"Promethium." Dustin butted in, correcting the older boy. "Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something." Robin agreed with a shrug.

"Like a nuclear weapon." Dustin nodded, causing Steve to scoff.