93. Fears

CHAPTER NINETY-THREE
FEARS

The group of six were left looking to Eddie with horrified expressions as he finished explaining just what had happened to Chrissy the night prior.

Aaron was stood as far away from the older boy as possible - without making it obvious to him that he was trying to get away from him.

He had Kimmy stood right next to him, but this was only due to how stressed out and panicked he was. She'd promised she'd stay next to him and she had, knowing the blond was worried that the older boy would snap on him or his friends.

"Okay..." Kimmy trailed off in an awkward voice, hesitantly looking to the older boy who was currently under suspicion for murder. "So she... she flew up into the air... and... all of her bones snapped? That's how she died?"

"Yes!" Eddie yelled, his head in his hands as he did so, already under the impression that the six didn't believe him.

The firmness of his voice startled Kimmy, blinking furiously as she subconsciously took a step back.

Of course Eddie probably hadn't meant anything by it, he was clearly under a lot of stress.

However Kimmy didn't really react well to being yelled at. She assumed this was because of what she'd dealt with since early childhood, it was like something she just had no control over. She just didn't deal with it well. Not at all.

Kimmy froze, not sure what to do. Suddenly panicked that she'd done something wrong to the older boy.

Clearly, the boys abrupt yells startled Aaron as well. Kimmy seen the way he flinched out of the corner of her eye before he inched closer to her ever so slightly. Clearly, the boy was terrified Eddie would hurt any of his five friends.

"She didn't mean anything bad by it." Max jumped into the conversation in defence of the brunette, her arms folded firmly over her chest as she glowered down at the older boy despite that fact he couldn't actually see her as his head still rested in his hands. "She was just asking. It's not exactly something that you hear every day."

"I know, I know!" The boy exclaimed, clearly stressed out beyond belief. "I know it sounds crazy, but I'm not lying. I swear to god-"

"No one said that you're a liar- we don't think you're a liar." Dustin rushed to tell him, waving his hands frantically. "We believe you!"

It wasn't long before the six left, much to Aaron's delight. He'd been the first one out of the garage and into the car.

And although he hadn't voiced this to all his friends, he didn't exactly believe the older boy, not fully anyway.

Aaron lay awake in his bed that night for hours, unable to sleep after all he'd seen and heard that day.

His mind was on a constant loop, a mix of fear and confusion running through him. Mostly fear, if he was being completely honest.

Even though he wasn't completely sold on what Eddie had told the group, it didn't matter. Even if Eddie wasn't a murderer, someone had killed Chrissy.

Aaron almost wished it had been Eddie that had done it, at least then it wasn't someone who was going completely unsuspected. At least it wouldn't be someone who would get away with it.

If it really wasn't Eddie that had killed Chrissy, then that meant Aaron would subconsciously be wary of anyone he wasn't completely comfortable with.

The blond had already convinced himself that every creak he'd heard the house make that night had been whoever had killed Chrissy in his house.