THE COMPETITION

TIAMO HEART POV

I looked at Eric's eyes and nodded. He smiled and walked forward then looked directly at my eyes. There was a moment of silence as both him and I maintain eye contact. There was a moment of trust shared between our eyes.

He cleared his throat and turned to the audience. "The answer to the question is C,0."

What was he doing. I opened  my eyes widely in shock. That was not the answer we agreed on. We finally decided to put our difference aside and came to an agreement to not argue for the sake of this competition as we were representing our school.

But he chose to say the wrong answer. I swear I was about to faint. Why would he betray me like that infront of everyone. I know we fought a lot but this wasn't about us. We've practiced so hard for this competition and now he throws everything we worked for.

"Correct. Eric Wilson and Tiamo Heart wins."

I froze as I heard the host saying we've won. The answer was right? But I did my calculations 2 times. It has to me right, but apparently it wasn't. Now I was more upset with the person that didn't bother to tell me the right answer. Eric.

We received congratulations from the other teams and the judges. We continued to fool people pretending  to be friends but that ended when we were alone in the car. It was back to being tense. We both sat opposite sides looking at opposite direction. I sat on the left and looked at the rain while fuming in anger.

But really, what did I expect from him. It wasn't like he was my friend. Of course he would fool me like that but I was also grateful that he knew the right answer.

We sat on the back sit not daring to even glance at eachother. Even the professor could sense the tension in the air as he said "Well, I guess I did say that you two can go back to hating each other after the competition. I guess you learned nothing." He chuckled before driving off.

I wanted to ask him why he didn't tell me but I noticed how sad he looked. He looked angry rather then sad. I didn't want to start an argument, especially after winning. We should be celebrating not fighting.

We finally arrived at campus and the professor dropped us off at the gate saying he had somewhere to be. We had to walk alone to our drom by our selves and so we did. It was quiet as expected. When we were about to depart he finally said something.

"The answer is zero because we forgot to carry the one. I didn't tell you because I was afraid that we'd argue with on stage. I know how stubborn you can be and ometimes that scares me."

"Why are you telling me now?" I did not dare to look at his face. The last thing I need is to feel sorry for him for being scared of me.

He should be scared of me.

"Because you didn't ask which is not like you. I was waiting for you to ask me because I felt like you'd feel stupid  or something if I bring it up myself. I know you. You hate being wrong." His words were annoying to me because they were right. I really hated admitting I was wrong because most of the time I'm right.

"Are you scared of me?" I finally managed to turn my head and look at him. I wanted to see his face as he answered my question.

"Well...hum.... I'm just saying that you get angry when you are wrong and you don't talk to anyone for days." He said with his head looking at the pavements. Wow, I didn't think he's know this much about me. It makes sense for him to know that since he was the one who usually got under my skin.

"I do? Oh, thank you but this doesn't mean that we are friends."

"Oh I wasn't saying we are. I like you as my enemy. It's much better." He chuckled before walked away. Something was stressing him. I could see that but it was non of my business so I continue with my way and he went his own way.