Chapter Three:

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦.·:*¨ 🌹✘■□R■♚■W□♚■M□■✘☄❥¨*:·.✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

I found myself wondering whether the guy had any educational background whatsoever. Despite my assumptions, it seemed inevitable for someone to be in college.

I wasted no time and stepped into my new room, carefully placing my belongings while absorbing the surroundings.

Stepping into the bedroom at night felt like stepping into a cocoon. The walls were painted in a soothing color, not too bright or too dull. The bed was huge like it was waiting to wrap you up in the softest blankets ever.

The window allowed a gentle glow from the night sky, offering a view of distant city lights twinkling beyond. Comfortable-looking chairs beckoned from a corner, enticing me to sink in and relax.

A simple yet functional desk caught my eye, and though I hadn't explored it yet, I anticipated a bathroom across the hall with similar comforting features.

This room, simple in design, exuded a cozy atmosphere-a warm hug awaiting after a long day. The aura of peace and comfort made me feel instantly at home.

Standing in the middle of the room, I took a moment to absorb it all. It wasn't until I did a full 180 that I realized I had an audience the entire time.

Maddox stood at the bedroom entrance, his curious gaze fixed on me. He entered the room, glancing around, and remarked, "If you need anything, I'm just right next door." However, before I could express gratitude, he added, "Don't need anything!" and sauntered off to somewhere unknown

Glancing at my phone, I noticed the time had slipped away faster than I thought. Looking around once more, I wondered if there was an alternative place for me to stay. While I appreciated Maddox's hospitality, I hesitated to impose on my friend's brother, especially after our earlier encounter.

Sighing, I settled onto the bed, lying on my back, and gazing up at the ceiling. Thoughts swirled in my mind, reflecting on finding myself in such an unexpected situation.

Why did the most attractive guys have to be such jerks?

Even with our brief interaction, I couldn't help but sense a certain self-absorbed quality in Maddox. His confidence and snide remarks left an impression, making me wonder if he had ever experienced insecurity.

The intrusive questions into my life left me unsettled. Who was he to poke into someone else's business right after meeting them? Maddox's questions could have filled a book if I answered them all.

Why did he need to know where I was from? Or why my friend kicked me out?

As I contemplated, something hit me on the head-a small stuffed animal frog.

I recognized it from when I had packed it into my suitcase an hour before.

A deep voice from the doorway declared, "Hey!" I looked up to find Maddox, his gaze fixed on me.

I look up to find Maddox looking at me expectantly, "what?" I question, feeling a little annoyed.

"Earlier you said your roommate kicked you out..." he starts.

I nodded in answer as I waited for him to go on.

"Was it a dorm room that she kicked you out of?" He questions.

I nod again, wondering what he was getting at.

"Well, if you go to your RA and tell him what happened, he might be able to figure out a way to get you back in your dorm, since you weren't kicked out for violating campus housing policies," he suggested.