Chapter Six:

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦.·:*¨ 🌹✘■□R■♚■W□♚■M□■✘☄❥¨*:·.✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Bestfriend. I never thought that someday it would be just a word. I had a bestfriend and now I don't know such a thing. I never had an actual real best friend. my trust, respect, and loyalty all diminished in mere seconds as Knox told me what she said.

"She said that you slept with the dean to get better grades," his words left me speechless and unable to move as I processed what he just said

Why would she say that?

My mind races, attempting to comprehend the enormity of her words. Why would she say something so damaging, something that could shatter someone's reputation and, even more devastatingly, lead to my expulsion from college? A rush of emotions floods through me-anger, betrayal, and a gnawing sense of disbelief.

She wasn't trying to hurt me; she was trying to damage me.

Everything I had ever worked for, everything I had ever done to get here would be ruined if word got around of her lies. I hardly knew anyone here, so I had practically no one to back me up if things escalated.

Why would she do something like this? Was it jealousy, revenge, or what?

I couldn't think of a single reason why she would want revenge or of why she would even be jealous, so why was she doing all of this?

This was despicable. I didn't even know she could go this low. If anyone was sleeping with anyone, it was her. She may have presented herself as a little innocent in that aspect, but she certainly was not; it was quite the contrary, she was well-versed in the subject.

"Are you okay?" he asks, sitting across from me.

I shake my head, trying to hold back tears. "I will be," I reassure him.

Right now, I just wanted to go home. I craved the comfort of my parents' house, snuggling up in my bed. I wished to spend the rest of the day holed up in there, with my stuffed animals surrounding me, just like when I was a kid. I never got rid of them; they would always make me feel better.

The worst thing I could do is stay in my head about this; I would end up dragging this out and getting paranoid, and those things were never great. I just wished I had something to distract me.

It was like Knox could read my mind when he spoke again, "What do you say we get out of here and go somewhere?" he asked me, trying to cheer me up.

I look over at him and give him my best smile while he puts his hand over mine, trying to comfort me. "Thank you," I say gratefully.

He nods, "Of course. Don't let this bother you. If she lets this get out of hand and starts telling the wrong people, I will always be there for you. I know this isn't true. I just want you to know that you don't need to worry about me believing her, okay?" he tells me.

I nod, happy to know that I still had him in my corner.

"So... do you want to go somewhere?" he asks again.

I nod, excited to get away and out of my head for at least a little while. "Where are you thinking?" I ask him, curious.

"It wouldn't be fun if you knew beforehand. Leave a little mystery to this, and it will help keep you from focusing on something else," he playfully remarks.

He lets my hand go and goes to get up, holding his hand out to help me up.

Why was he acting like this right now? I couldn't help but wonder as I thought back to all the other times we had hung out, and it was never like this.