Chapter Eleven

She arranged for us to meet up at a park

She arranged for us to meet up at a park. Stepping out of my car, I walked around, keeping an eye out for her. The park was surrounded by a variety of trees, creating a serene ambiance. Within this green haven, I spotted well-placed benches and a playground that framed a spacious open area.

The absence of children indicated that evening was setting in, casting a gentle darkness. Although it wasn't fully dark yet, the sky exhibited a subdued illumination. The typical light blue backdrop had transformed into a slightly deeper hue as the sun began its descent. The sunset unfolded in a mesmerizing blend of pink, orange, and yellow, painting the sky with its final strokes.

As I wandered through the park, my attention was drawn to the details. I found joy in observing the nuances that set each area apart. The combination of the vibrant sunset and the embracing trees created a captivating sight. In that moment, the beauty of the scene, with the setting sun and the surrounding trees, made the park an exceptionally charming place.

I walked over to a bench where I saw her sitting, a street light hung over the bench and as I walked to her, it coincidentally turned on.

Once she saw me walking to her, she stood up, almost as if she was expecting me to hug her.

Her arms hung out, telling me that was exactly what she expected.

I stopped a few feet in front of her, she wore a smile on her face, almost as if she were happy to see me, I wouldn't believe that, not even remotely for a second.

"Sage!" she says, surprising me by actually saying my name and not coming up with a ridiculous nickname on the spot.

I wanted nothing more than to roll my eyes at her reaction but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and hear her out.

"you wanted to talk?" I ask, cutting right to the chase. "then talk." I continue without sparing her a chance to respond.

" I continue without sparing her a chance to respond

"I'm sorry." she starts off by saying.

We were now both sitting on the bench, I was waiting for her to tell me what she wanted to. I hadn't expected those words to come out of her mouth and reach my ears.

I looked over at her, almost expecting her to say It again, because I couldn't believe that she was actually apologizing. Usually we would just act as if it never happened when we argued. One day we would be arguing, the next we would be sitting in class laughing at something silly.

Sometimes I miss that. It kind of feels like we somehow just tolerate each other nowadays, we don't work things out and we never talk about anything serious without it turning into an argument and it always seemed I was there for her when she had a problem but she never was for me when I was going through something.

Does it make me selfish to somehow be grateful that our friendship is over?

"I haven't been myself lately and I'm sorry about.... Arlo." Her words surprised me even more.

I sat there and for the longest time I could only hear the sound of the night air, birds chirping in the distance as I stared at the ground, suddenly saddened by the change of direction this conversation took.

I didn't think she would bring him up.

I just wanted to get up and leave at that moment but my feet felt like anchors and my heart ached within my chest.

I bet you're wondering:Who's Arlo?(You will know in time!:)What happens next?

Who's Arlo?
(You will know in time!:)
What happens next?

A/N: I hope you like the new chapter, the last two chapters have been shorter than the previous ones but I hope you still like them and I hope you're not mad at me for leaving a bit of mystery at the end of this one, lol.
:)
-DES