Chapter Thirteen:

Later that night, after we ate dinner, we all gathered around the living room, deciding to play a game, when there was a knock at the door

Maddox quickly went to the door, returning minutes later with a skinny brunette under his arm, a girl that looked like she could be on the cover of a magazine.

"Hey, I'm Luna... you must be Sage," she says as she sees me.

Who was this?

I nod, "Yeah, I'm Sage. Hi?" I respond, a little confused.

She smiles at me and hugs me. I was too surprised to return the hug, "I'm happy to finally meet you." she said, taking a step back.

Suddenly a few more people walked into the room, what surprised me was that I already knew one of them. "Knox?" I question.

"Sage?!" he says, sounding surprised.

"Oh my gosh! your Sage?!" the girl standing next to him says.

I nod, unsure of what to do, "Hi, I'm Aubrey. Knox's girlfriend." she tells me.

Luna suddenly speaks up again. "Sage, this is Aubrey. you already know Knox and Mads..." mads? Was she talking about Maddox "But... this is Jack, Sadie, Oliver, and Brett." she says.

Suddenly I feel an arm go around me, "Let me borrow her for a minute." Phoenix says, standing next to me.

He grabs my arm, heading towards the sliding doors.

Once we were outside, he sat down on one of the lounge chairs, looking out at the backyard.

I decided to take a seat across from him. "What is going on?" I question, perplexed.

He laughs and shrugs, "I have no idea. I think Maddox invited them over. He asked me earlier if he could have a party here." He explains.

My eyebrows crease in confusion, "And you're just not going to ask him?" I question.

He shrugs, "Sometimes it's good not to question things."

I roll my eyes, "And other times it's good to get answers." I say, settling in the chair across from him.

he didn't bother to reply and instead asked. "How do you know Knox?"

I lean forward, sitting across from him. "How do you know him?" I ask, returning his question without answering him.

He leans forward, "Do you have feelings for Maddox?" He questions, with a smirk.

"Do you have feelings for someone?" I ask, going along with the Q and not A.

He leans back, letting out an exasperated sigh. "This is fun."

I laugh and shake my head at his bad sarcasm."I grew up with Knox. I don't have feelings for Maddox, and are you going to answer any of my questions?" I responded all at once.