"Fantasia of the Stars" Part Two

Third POV

Third POV

"That's why I want to become an idol."

Honestly, for a second there, (Y/N) thought she had been hearing the wrong thing coming from Cecil's mouth. But the way he had described the feeling of watching fans smile and laugh at his acting and singing, she knew she couldn't have been mistaken.

Still, the shock was quite evident on her face with her eyes being the size of saucers now, even if it had been hidden by the fact that she still had her head up against the prince's shoulder.

"I want to become an idol and make lots of people happy," the emerald eyed boy then declared once again, his wish changing from wanting just an audience of one to now wanting an audience of millions.

He wanted to see all kinds of smiles, hear all kinds of cheers, he wanted to make people who were having the crappiest day turn it around and make them smile with his entertainment. Cecil didn't want to admit it to himself, because he truly felt like he was betraying the (h/c) haired girl in his arms for feeling this way. He didn't want her to doubt his feelings or the fact that she was always his #1, and that meant the emerald eyed prince had to be as open as possible when it came to her.

Her silence was kind of scaring him that that could be the fact though, but her silence was purely from the shock she had been feeling. It took the Angel of Music a couple of seconds before she finally pulled away from Cecil, seeing him with his eyes closed and his head directed toward the ground. She could sense that he had kind of felt guilty for wanting to become an idol, but he had nothing to feel guilty about.

The singer-songwriter soon began smiling softly before reaching out and placing her now dark red nailed hands on either side of the tanned boy's face, gently urging him to look up at her. Feeling her soft touch on his cheeks surprised the prince as he allowed her to lift his head. And when he finally met her (e/c) eyes, Cecil was met with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. It made him speechless.

"Are you sure?" Her soothing voice came to his ears.

There were no hints of anger, disappointment, any of those things that he was scared of sensing from her. But the only things he could detect were happiness, joy, everything that was positive. She was quite pleased to hear this, it seemed. Still, there was something Cecil had weighing on his heart as he placed his hand atop of one of hers, nuzzling his cheek into her warm touch a little bit.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I've failed at being your prince. You've given me so much, but I haven't given you anything in return," the emerald eyed boy apologized, feeling like he had simply done nothing to show his gratitude for all that she had done for him.

She saved him, broke his curse, made him feel even closer to the muses he was meant to serve. And in his mind, he had simply done nothing to give her thanks for all of that. And he wanted to give that to the (h/c) haired composer.