Saving The Day👑

"Where do you think he goes?" Luffy asked balancing on the water

It's been maybe three months. After Naomi made breakfast for the household, Luffy would go chasing after Ace. Of course he would lose him every time. Naomi didn't really care to chase after the boy. Evelyn's eldest daughter told her that girls don't chase after boys, girls were always a prize. Not that she was telling the little girl that she was an object that anyone could have. Just that girls were of high worth.

Ace would sometimes not come home at night. The family of bandits said that it was normal but the little girl just thought they were lazy. When he was there in the morning. He'd take extra food with him wherever he was going. She figured he was going to feed something or someone.

The young Siren only told Luffy that if he wanted to keep up with the older boy, he'd have to practice his powers. Which he did but it was still hard to get used to. She on the other hand spent all her time at the lake. She practiced all her techniques. And they were coming along but it still wasn't perfect.

Hence why Luffy was walking on the water. She was attempting to still the water and strengthen the surface without freezing it. Sort of like the concept of a barrier. She would upgrade to steps, then make floating steps soon. Maybe she could make a bigger platform one day. But until then, Luffy has only fallen a few times.

"I'm not sure. But if you want to find out, you need to be sneakier. You've got better at propelling yourself with your powers but you're too clumsy." She replied while trying to focus on shaping solid steps.

"Why don't you come with me?" The boy suggested. He carefully walked up the step. His foot fell in a few times but it wasn't too bad. If she came, she wouldn't lose track of him so quickly.

"Uh no thanks." She scoffed at the question. They didn't hate each other, she just simply didn't care.

"Pleaseeeeeeee Cocoa! I'll even match nails with you." He begged her, giving her watery puppy eyes. Naomi's eyes twitched looking at him.

"Whatever, we'll do it tomorrow when he leaves for breakfast." She rolled her eyes at him. Luffy cheered happily.

"You're the best Co— aaaaahhhhh!" Luffy fell into the water. Esme scooped the boy up and laid him on a rock. Naomi snickered at him. He just glared at the girl that did that on purpose.

"I know I am. And I want purple nails this time. Maybe little stars or something." She stuck her tongue out the boy as she got out the lake. Shifting back into her human body.

Luffy rolled his eyes at the girl. Of course she did.