✰ 25 - rifts or allies?

Two book updates in one day?! Am I crazy or am I crazy? :P

Last update felt too short, so here's a slightly longer one.

Lots and lots of love <3

Manik

Sleep was far far away that night. In that deathly hour of facing my own demons, I needed comfort. Her comfort.

27 September 2010

In the morning assembly, both NH3 and Fab 5 had cleared the audition, and the next round was going to happen at another school under the same parent organisation of SPACE Academy. The school is called Warrior High and a troop from there would be our opponent.

As scary as it was, the effects of my previous performance had put me in a bubble of emotions that hit very close to home... that kind of comfort it provided.

The performance was scheduled for Thursday next week, the 7th of October. Then we had a ten day holiday for Navrathri, and I could not wait to go back to Bangalore for that period. Meet my friends, be with my Ammamma, and get pampered by everyone I've loved from a distance even today. 

We were all called into the music room after assembly. Our music master had laid out two options for us: the first was a rebuttle, where Fab 5 and NH3 would go head-to-head and whoever would win would go to the semis with Warrior High; the second option was for us to combine forces and perform together against a single opponent. The groups started arguing with each other and voices blending, causing a whole lot of chaos, that even the music master who was initially mediating left the room for some peace and quiet.

And then there was Manik and Harshad who came head to head with each other, one of them grabbing a collar while the other restraining his opponent's arms. The fierce aggression between them was exuding boundlessly in the small space. Alia and Mukti were confused as to what to do to separate the two, knowing full well neither of them were physically powerful enough to intervene, and Mukti sympathetically looked at me for ideas.

"Okay guys, let's do a vote, who thinks we should do a versus battle, come to my left," I said keeping my head held high. Both Manik and Harshad appeared on that same side, rolling their eyes and silently mocking each other. Mukti and I shook heads at each other–those guys were just impossible.

Harshad looked sarcastically at his partner, "How ironic right, ki ek cheez mein toh humaare thoughts milte hai, Mr. Manik Lo–"

I did not understand what Harshad was saying but it didn't take a genius to know that he was instigating Manik, so I diffused the situation by interrupting him, "And those who think we should perform together, come to my side," Manik tried to meet my eyes, looking for the answer on whether I was helping him or was against him, but I did not return his look.