✰ 7 - senorita

I need to share something...

That's it! :") I hope that made your day!!

⭒⭒⭒

19 August 2010

"However, you are not alone."

—Shannon L. Alder

I'm sorry Babbu, I had to hide you in the bathroom, but don't peek at anyone when they're in with you, haan? Nobody should know about us. So this morning, do you know what happened?

"Nandini... It's seven AM, get up!" I grumbled loudly in response to the personal alarm before flipping around in my sheets until I found a more comfortable position. Then, I smiled. "Nandini!" It was Aunt Shannoo. She's my father's younger brother's wife, but her affection would always show otherwise. She was the closest I had to Amma, my mother.

The air around turned dense, whirling me into its rage until almost strangulating me. A shiver crawled along the back of my spine, jolting me out of bed. My temples pulsated with the sudden blood rush.

I had another reason for my misery: I dreaded going to school. But too bad, she was already at the door with a spatula, on the one hand, speculating my next move with her eyebrows knitted together. I squirmed in bed. "Umm... Chikkamma, my stomach hurts."

"Ahan, I'm quite aware of this pain, and I have the perfect remedy! I made you some peanut butter sandwiches and some fresh orange juice. Chalo, otherwise you'll miss your bus. Come down, quick!" She left after flipping her dupatta on one of her shoulders. No wonder my uncle never loses weight! If he stocks up on this much food every meal, how can two rounds of jogging do any good?

Anyways, the point is I did miss the bus, but Abhi dropped me to school and picked me up on the way back! Baby steps into settling in this humongous city.

Babbu, today I found something astonishing about Abhi. He has a sweetheart, haw! I don't think I was supposed to know, but I saw him sneaking around with a girl on his bike, and I'm sure they are not just friends. She's also gorgeous, I don't know what she saw in my brother that she's seeing him! *rolls eyes* I can't wait to confront him about it, but I am sure he'll deny it, at least to me. He thinks I'm still a baby, and that I'll rat him out to our parents, huh!

Speaking of rats, another one popped out of nowhere this morning in that same bathroom I'd locked from the outside out of fear. Chikkappa said he fed them some of the cheddar cheese I had stored for my sandwiches, and I hollered at the idea before getting scolded for creating a scene. Basically, see, rats are fat, dirty and obnoxious, and I don't like them.