Chapter 11 - Cream

Fod / Thi POV

' Let's look around the house one last time then head for lunch ' I said. I went to the first floor and Gem went to the kitchen. I walked around the floor , looks like she used this place like storage rooms.  ' Phi , Can you come here for a minute ' , I heard Gem calling me and headed to the kitchen. We both took few step backwards and he said , ' My seniors in the field told me , when I look at the victim's house I should picture a " Find What's different" game. Now, Phi do you see anything that doesn't belong here '. Upon hearing Gemini's words , I revolved around the kitchen carefully my eyes stopped at the knife stand and I turned around to look at Gemini and he nodded. ' You see all the kitchen cutleries the bowls, the spoon and forks are of simple style wood with no motif ( pattern ) but in the knife stand-' , I joined him saying ' There's a flower pattern knife not suiting with the other wooden style ones , That's weird ' . We took a photo of that and a made a note.

------------

' What do you want for lunch Phi ? I remember seeing some mangoes in your fridge . Should I make your favorite Mango sticky rice ? ' he said. ' Nope , You always cook for me. I will take you to lunch. Let's eat at the place of your choice Gem ' I said smiling at his widen eyes. ' Okay, Is it a date then ' Gemini joked around. ' Yes ' I said and he froze in his place, he was not expecting me to actually answer serious. His lips gradually went up reaching the happiness in his eyes. ' Don't you go back on your words later ' he said and excitedly showed the Lunch places list that he made. We selected the one close to us.

We ordered Salad caprese , Fusilli with creamy mixed cheese sauce , Tenderloin steak . It reached our table after 15 minutes. Gemini was cutting the steak into bite size pieces . ' We used to go back to home to meet our family or friends during the summer break , Don't you kids do that these days ' I asked taking a bite of the caprese. ' They do baby but my parents work abroad , they visit me only on the holidays. Why I would I go back to an empty house , it's boring there ' he said placing the steak on my plate. I frowned not showing the weird sensation in my stomach as an effect of hearing the word he called me. ' What did you do in your summer break Phi ? Where's your hometown ? ' he asked chewing the tomato. ' It was so fun, we divide the break into two halves. First half we would enjoy here hanging out with my friends and for the second half I would go back to house in Chiang mai and the spend the rest of the break with my family. Back then , the Duklong cafe was a popular hotspot among the UOC students. I really loved that place and their menus,  I went there so often back then to the point I became close with all the employees there ' I said smiling at my memories. ' Jing la Phi ? It's still popular now and it's my favorite place in the whole district. Let's say the dish we loved the most there in the count of 1..2..3 ! , " Crab Rangoon " we said at the same time. Gemini's shocked face is seriously so funny, I was surprised too. Even though we lived on the same campus in different timelines  , we have a lot of similarities between the us, taking us one step close to each other.

I finished my meal earlier due to my habit of eating at a fast pace from my detective days. I stretched in my seat and looked at Gemini twirling the pasta with cheese sauce and taking a big bite. I leaned in wiping the cream with my thumb at the lower corner of his lips saying , ' You sulk when I call you kid , but at these times you're eating messily like a kid ' I smiled and sucked the drop of cream in my thumb. Gemini's eyes widened and his ears went red. It took me a few minutes to realize what I have done. ' Sorry , a habit of mine from baby sitting my cousins ' I said smiling flustered trying to ease out the tension with my sloppy excuse. Gemini just smiled at my awkwardness and nodded that he believes me.

-x-