Chapter 12 - Nong

Fod / Thi POV

Next, we headed to the second victim Mrs.Fah's house at Hua Lumpong . She was killed  on March 25, 2022 during 8.15 pm. She's married to Mr. Arthit who works abroad and has one kid Ken ( 6 yrs old ) and was working in a publishing company. On the day she died , she worked a day shift ( 10 am - 6 pm ) then stopped by the market to get the things for dinner then killed at her house. Age - 35 yrs , Last seen at the market. Cause of death - Strangulation. No prime suspect found.

The house seemed a little bit old , I walked around the house. Again, I found nothing. ' Phi have you got the statements from her relatives from your senior ? ' asked Gem passing through the yellow tapes. ' Yes, Mrs. Fah worked Day shifts at that publishing company as needs to watch at her kid after he comes back from the school. Ken is always dropped off at his friend Jeno's home at 4 pm sharp then his mother takes him home by 6.30 pm. But that day, two hours passed since 6 pm his mother didn't come to pick him so Jeno's mother tried to contact Fah but as she didn't pick up they decided to take him home. Mrs. Fah was discovered dead at their home , Jeno's mother was the one to report the body. Arthit came back home and looks after ken. My team asked around neighborhood but nobody saw anything suspicious though ' I said. 

' Wait if she picks ken up by 6.30 daily then why was she found in their house. Did she stop by and got killed ? ' Gem asked in confusion. ' The answer is at there ' I said pointing at the dining table. We stepped close to the table and opened the covers, 'AHH , Remember she was last seen at the market. She was planning to make dinner then pick him up. I walked around her room and found a calendar. Today is Ken's birthday ' he said. ' That explains the cake ' I said worried about the little boy. 

' Always there's something that the culprit will miss while leaving the scene , perfect crime is impossible ' I thought to myself and looked around the house , walking past the halls I saw the kid's bedroom. It was filled with Ken's picture from his baby days , the family looked so heart warming. It's so cruel that this happened to such an happy family.

' Phi Please come down for a second ' Gemini yelled from the ground floor. ' What ? You found something ' I asked in a hasty voice.  ' No Phi , but look at these photo frames ' he said. ' What's wrong it looks a bit old maybe they are the photos of the mother and father from their childhood with their family ' I said. ' Phi I can see that too ,Look, the right side is full of Arthit's  family photos , and left side is Fah's photos ' he said pointing to particular one. ' Aow, this one looks different ' I said. ' Yeah different but Like different people, Am I wrong ? You know some people look entirely different in their childhood pics ' said Gemini. ' Phi is here to rescue ' I said and took down the frame and opened it. ' Back then, the photo studio had a service to put the names of the person in the image behind it. It was common at that period ' I said  for once not regretting being old.

I read the names , ' Mae , Paa , Aman , Nong... Nong? Wait Fah is an only child she never had a brother. Gem , Are you thinking the same as me ' I said looking at Gemini nodding at me with his body filled with terror. ' Phi , it's Anong and her brother's name is Aman. I saw the knife stand earlier, it's missing one and the rest of ones had motif. I think- ' I interrupted him saying ' the killer is leaving the belongings of the next victim like a treasure hunt clue to the police, That crazy bastard he's dead once I catch him ' I yelled and went outside to calm my anger.

' Gemini , take photos of the main door. The knife stand and that photo frame . I need to make a call ' I said and left. Gemini went to the back side and searched for any CCTV that could have captured any sight of the killer. But those roads are under development so nothing again.

' I told what we found to P'Korn , we are meeting at that park tomorrow morning. Let's drop by Chong nonsi area and head back home ' I said while Gemini arranged the case files and photos. I helped him put them in a folder while he started the engine.

----------

I stood in front of the small apartment complex in Chong Nonsi, Ms. Anong lived at 202 . I waited for Gemini who was parking my car. ' Phi , If we find any belongings of the fourth victim here, then it's sure that it's the killer's intent ' Gem said opening the door passing through the yellow tapes. We walked around the house  for more than hour but there wasn't anything suspicious. 

I sat down and looked at the case file again, The third victim is Ms.Anong on April 1 , 2022 during 7 am. She was jobless , lives in the apartment with her brother's family. She was last seen leaving the club at 5.30 am. Age - 25 yrs , Cause of death - Strangulation. The prime suspect was her male friend that he she was leaving together from the club. That guy had a previous record so everyone narrowed him down as the killer but before the investigation period 48 hrs , an entry from ankle monitor was found near almost 5 kms away from the victims house. Then, later the guy was captured in the dashcam of a car parked in front of his house at 6.35 am.

-x-