Chapter 17 - Dragon fruit

Fod /Thi POV

We reached the wedding venue on time despite my miserable effort to change the punched tire. Before entering the venue , Gemini whispered into my ears saying ' P'Thi switch to Fourth mode. Don't be nervous, I will help you' . I nodded with a silly smile. I was greeted by fourth's parents, they were so sweet and caring and nagged a lot for not visiting the house like I used to last year. Then , I saw a woman with rhinestones shining on her neck , dressed in the most beautiful wedding gown running towards us and hugged me tightly. She must be the bride , ' Congratulations Sam , You look gorgeous today ' I said while she pulled us both inside. She side eyed me asking for something, I didn't get it and stared at her with a confused face. 'First congratulations on your marriage P'Sam , I am Gemini norawit. A friend of fourth. Nice to meet you ' he said trying to shake hands with my sister but she pulled him into a hug instead and he gladly accepted it. After few minutes of Sam annoying Gem with questions, I freed him by asking him a plate of starters.

' So ? ' she asked and eyed me. ' What ? ' I asked back. She sighed and asked ' So are you boyfriend-boyfriend ? OR husband-husband ? '. ' Sam you're not taking a leap , you're literally jumping the London bridge. We are just friends'  I said avoiding her eyes. She scoffed at me and said, ' Don't try to pull a Joke fourth, You grew up with me you can't fool me nong. I know the way you're looking at him. What do think about him ? '.

I exhaled , ' It's complicated P'Sam , Gemini is a lovely guy , so sweet and caring and throws a lot of flirty comments. But , I don't know what he thinks about me. I do know that I'm starting to fall for him Phi ' I said smiling looking like a red velvet cake. ' Here you go , Just what I thought. I think you need to talk to him or Maybe I should play cupid ' she exclaimed excitedly like a child looking at a candy. ' Don't you dare do anything like that , or else I will block you both online and offline ' I said but she treated me like I'm an angry cat. Gemini came back with two plates and handed the left one to me. Sam went back to her photo shoot. So, It was just us two alone.

' The corn fritters is so good ' I said taking the last bite , ' Yeah , they have wonton cups and chicken pinwheels too. Do you want me to get you a plate ? He asked already standing up waiting for my answer. I smiled and stared at him for a few seconds. ' You do know that I have legs too right Gem ? ' I said. He smiled back saying ' Sorry Mr.Quatro , Doing things for you just became a habit of mine '. ' This kid would be the end of me ' I mumbled happily under my breath. ' I saw your favorite khao soi that way , let me help you ' I said holding his empty plates and leading the way.

—————-

I greeted my relatives and sat down at our table after my speech. All the ceremonies were over now and it's officially party time. I was rubbing my pinkish cheeks, Gem came back to his seat glanced at the glass in front of asking ' By any chance did you drink this ? ' . I nodded saying ' Dragon fruit tastes good ' . ' It has vodka in it ' he sighed. ' That explains the heating up and my pink cheeks ' I said holding the empty glass and hiding the second one. ' Let me get you some water ' he said and left his seat again.

My eyes roamed around the room until it landed on someone who almost gave me an heart attack. ' What is he doing here ? ' I screamed under my breath and lowered myself slowly to hide under the table. ' Nong Fourth? ' he called me. ' Fuck my luck ' I mumbled. ' What ? ' he asked in confusion. ' Nothing khrub P'Phuwin. How are you phi ? It's a surprise to see you here ' I said and he sat down on the empty chair next to me. ' Aow, I'm doing good nong. Of course I would be here. How you could you forget that I am your sister's best friend. We used to hang out a lot us three until you went to Bangkok for high school. You were so cute and clumsy back then I had to do everything for you. Looking back now, I was kinda irritated but looking at your cute face made the trick ' he said sipping my dragon fruit drink. ' Yeah , that's exactly how I misunderstood you back then and you became my first love. I am glad that I didn't confess like an idiot. That's why I avoided you as you always come with problems, damn Why did I meet this idiot, I have my Gem with me tonight . I should escape from him before he meets my Gemini. Shia, the god hates me ... ' I thought to myself.

-x-