Chapter 5

We began our hike to Mount Natagumo, but it was filled with demons, which, ahem, I didn't bother to kill, nor did Tighnari.

When we reached the foot, I ordered, "Leave."

"Are you sure you wish to do this? Alone?" He questioned, concerned for my safety.

"I have my ways. Oh right, when you go back, tell Aether or Lumine my following words. When I call for reinforcements, send only Rosaria. Do you understand me?"

He paused before nodding and left. I began to hike up the summit, releasing my demonic aura a bit, so I seemed like a weak demon. I gripped branches and trunks as I walked, making sure I had a stable grip. Sighing, I wondered, where in the world is the Lowermoon 5...um...Rui?

I felt spiders crawl up my legs and swatted them away. As I walked, I saw very unique decorations. 

Balls of spider webs hanging around, spider webs, spiders. Totally normal. Yup. Yup. Yup. Who in the tarnation is that-

I froze. A head was connected to a large spider body, a demon. Turning around, I muttered, "Fuck this shit I'm out."

A web wrapped around me and I turned slightly. Ah yes, Rui. "Yes?" I asked the boy.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my mountain."

"Sorry, I don't see your name on it. And my names (Y/N). (L/N) (Y/N)."

He frowned slightly. "Is there a problem?" I questioned him while raising a brow. "And can you, uh- cut the web or something?"

"Only if you join my family."

"Family?" I asked, a bit confused. "You want me to like- be your older sister? I can't change my looks though."

He was quiet before nodding and the web around me disappeared. I smoothed my (f/c) kimono and looked at him. I smiled softly. "Very well...I'll be your older sister...um...your name, please?"

"...Rui."

I slowly walked towards him and pat his head, smiling. "From now on, you can call me nee-san, otouto-san."

He kept quiet and looked at me. "So...where's the house?"

He replied, "This way."

"Very well then." I smiled and took his hand softly. "Show me the way." He froze before glancing at me briefly before we walked together side by side. "Nice...um...decorations." I complimented while glancing at the balls of spider webs.

"They are the people older sister killed."

"Ah...I see." I murmured before frowning. "I'm your 2nd older sister?" He nodded. I smiled.

We soon reached the home. "It's a bit...worn down." I said cautiously. A house had mould, everything was creaking, it was basically a haunted mansion.

He nodded slowly as we entered. "Oh wow...! It's so...nice...?" I cringed slightly. "You don't have to always compliment...you know." He told me and glanced at me.

"Sorry...I'm just used to complimenting to make others happy." I whispered while glancing around. He nodded. "So...what do you want to do now? Play? Make stuff?" I inquired.

He glanced at me once more. "It's still night...we could play. But what though?"

I smiled softly. "Anything! Hopscoth? Do you know what that is?"

He shook his head. I brought him outside, used a stick to make the hopscoth diagram. I took a pebble and threw it, it landed on 2.

"Basically, you throw a rock and you avoid the tile when jumping on one leg as each tile must be stepped with only one leg." I explained and demonstrated. "Get it?"

He nodded and threw the pebble, five. He did what I did, but avoiding tile 5 instead. "Fun, right?" I asked and he smiled softly.

"Lets continue then!" I smiled and clapped my hands.