Randomly put Eimiko Angst.

One of my friend groups did a Secret Santa and I wrote mine an Eimiko fic.
Enjoy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
"After all of those centuries of isolation, you must feel some sense of longing," Miko said in her uniform teasing tone, "I was your closest familiar, was I not?"
These words were met by a cold silence.
"Hm. Now I see my usual form of speech won't resonate as well with you as it did so long ago."
Miko held her gaze, watching her dearest lover's pained expression and pitiful evasion.
"The irony of it will never fail to amuse me."
Miko paused once more, giving Ei a chance to respond.
Deciding to take matters as into her own hand rather than wait for the latter to own up to her wrong-doings, Miko spoke with sincerity.
"I won't pretend I wasn't hurt," She said boldly, "The first few years were still lit with hope. But later on, I began to question whether I had hope or felt desperation for your return."
Miko sighed, and shifted her gaze from Ei to their surroundings. To exchange words of such sentimentality proved a challenge to her, especially taking into account the fact she had to hide these feelings for so long. But it was easier knowing she was spelling all of this to someone she trusted.
"To be back in your arms met with your gentle smile. I waited, and waited for that day to come. I never stopped believing you would come to your senses and back to me, but.. I will admit, my hope weakened over the years."
"Miko, I.."
Miko turned her focus to Ei, who had finally set aside all of her self-pity to face her. To look her dead in the eyes and..
"I'm sorry."
Taking a deep breath and a few steps forward, Miko held Ei's hand, and leaned in to kiss her after five long centuries.
They held each other close, relishing the closure and pure joy.
"I've missed you dearly, Miko... I know two simple words cannot undo all of the pain I've caused you. But please know that I am truly sorry."
Miko smiled, "Such noble words. I've no doubt you mean them. Fret not, my dearest. It is true that forgiveness is earned, and considering what you've done, you've a long way to go. But that is an objective opinion, not the opinion of your closest familiar. I love you, Ei. And though these actions of yours will continue to resonate with me, I will always find it in my heart to forgive you."
Miko smiled.
"My dearest."