𝟬𝟲𝟵  she had a marvellous time ruining everything

𝙇𝙓𝙄𝙓.
SHE HAD A MARVELLOUS TIME
RUINING EVERYTHING

──────

tw,

discussion around m*scarriage andsuicide/self harm in this chapterplease take care.

particularly intense parts will be marked.please do not feel pressuredto read despite your triggers.things will make sensewith or without the content.

──────

OW. OW. OW. 

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Beth had one hell of a punch, Derek had to give her that.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow--

God, he hadn't had a sucker punch like that since Mark had attempted to flatten his nose. 

Now, that had been rough, he'd felt that for days. 

Mark had a good punch too and the throb of Derek's nose made him wonder whether, once upon a time, Mark had coached Beth on how to really make it hurt. Derek didn't get punched often but when he did, it seemed to really catch him off-guard.

(It hurt, it hurt a lot.)

He shouldn't have been surprised, that's what Addison had said when it'd been just the two of them. She'd been sat in the corner, eyes flushed with tears and jaw clenched in a way that told him she was trying very hard not to let those tears fall-- he looked over at his ex-wife and the family resemblance immediately struck him. 

Her face twisted and she repeated those words with a bitter glare, still dressed in her scrubs from her surgery:

You deserved that.

His shirt was speckled with blood, enough to startle himself in the mirror when he'd eventually made it into the restroom. He'd stared at himself, seeing something out of a stage production of Carrie. 

He'd had to change to clothes after realising that walking around his own hospital covered in his own blood, after the past couple of months, was definitely not the best idea. 

He'd resurfaced with a shaky sigh and walked back into his office (Addison was long gone) and called his allocated lackey to go and grab him a new shirt.

He couldn't contain his displeasure when his office door opened and his wife appeared, holding a shirt aloft and staring at him with raised eyebrows. He swore under his breath, grimacing as she closed the door behind her, dumping the clothing on the back of an arm chair and placing her hands on her hips. 

With a long sigh, Derek turned around, stalking back behind his desk, using it as the crutch it'd started to become.

"Where's Kepner?" He asked, looking down at the same piece of paper that had been on his desk for the past hour. 

Across the room, Meredith let out an indignant noise, the sort that made his skin bristle. (In all honesty, he'd never imagined himself to be disappointed to see Meredith instead of the intense, go-lucky redhead, but he supposed that there was a first time for everything.)