𝟬𝟴𝟳  derek and mark

𝙇𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄.
DEREK AND MARK

──────

hahahhaha oh no

MARK had a plan.

He wasn't exactly the plan ahead type when it came to things, excluding surgery of course. He was the roll with the punches type (his mind thudded with the echo of Derek's fist crunching against his skull) and just go with the flow (yeah, he hated that saying too.) 

Usually, he just took things as they came–– 

Oh, you want to break up with me because you don't see a place in my life with my daughter turning and giving birth to my grandson? Sure! 

Oh, you're leaving me behind in Manhattan? Fine with me! 

But, this time, there was something about this whole situation that made Mark want to plan ahead.

It wasn't a plan plan. It was just a ruminated idea. A series of goals that he wanted to accomplish. He had a rough idea of where he wanted to start and where he wanted to finish, the rest he figured he'd just improvise. 

When Amelia left him outside of Derek's office, (the black sheep of the Shepherd family hight-tailing it to the furthest corner, out of reach) Mark tried to give himself some sort of a pep talk. 

He walked a thin line down the centre of the corridor, making passing staff and patients glance at him weirdly alike. He spoke to himself, muttering very soft words of encouragement. 

He nodded, he paced and he imagined the day ending without the end of the world.

He was going to march in there and he was going to give Derek a piece of his mind. 

He was going to set the man in place. 

Years of watching Derek call the shots and Mark was finally, finally, going to make his voice heard.

It was something Mark didn't ever really talk about, the feeling that he got when he and Derek stood side by side. Derek was his best friend, he'd kill for the man and he liked to think that Derek would do the same. They'd been inseparable until they hadn't and they'd relied on each other so many times over the years. 

They were tried and true and Mark was so thankful that Derek had taken him back (over his actual ex-wife too) and that he could stand here and still consider Derek a friend. But then there was this office and the weight on Mark's chest that he got when he glanced at it–– the Plastic Surgeon sighed through his nose.

God, why was he doing this? 

Amy was right. He wasn't supposed to be here. 

If he had to choose anyone to fight for Beth's honour, it sure as hell wouldn't have been him. 

He was the better evil when it came to him and Amy. He was so tempted to go find Archer, to have the Montgomery have his way with Derek just like Mark knew he wanted. 

Did Archer even know? Was all of this shit that Amy theorised even true?

"Doctor Sloan."

He was almost startled by the sound of Derek's secretary.