Chapter Two: Dragon Breath

"So neither of you told anyone about me?" I questioned, jutting out my lip as I pretended to be hurt. 

After the emotional reunions outside, Elena-whom I learned was not only a Petrova doppelganger but also Stefan's girlfriend-said she had to leave and I went inside with my brothers...after being invited in.

"No" Damon drug out sassily before coming about with a matter-of-fact response "Alaric knows somewhat about you"

"Who the hell is Alaric?" I asked after taking a sip of bourbon.

"A vampire hunter" he responded nonchalantly while I nearly choked on my drink.

"YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH A HUNTER?! What the hell is wrong with you?! And then you told him about me?! Damon I-"

"Calm down Angel" Stefan said using an old nickname of mine "he's just playing around with you, he's not really a hunter and he's an ally, he actually works at Robert E. Lee, he's a history teacher"

I nodded calming down and shooting Damon daggers as he snickered childishly while Stefan spoke again "And as for not telling anyone about you...we agreed that it'd be best not to"

I frowned looking over at him "Why?"

"We couldn't bare it" Damon said this time, speaking softly as his icy blue eyes stared off in the distance "we thought you were dead Evan"

I felt a pang in my heart and I looked down shamefully.

"I'm sorry" I spoke just above a whisper knowing they heard me clearly.

"You don't have to apologize" Stefan said sitting down beside me and nudging my shoulder "we get that you needed to escape, we did too"

"And boy did we" Damon remarked darkly sparking a thought in my mind.

"Speaking of escaping" I said recovering from my sorrow and looking over at Stefan pointedly, "what is it I heard about this Ripper business?"

Stefan looked away, ashamed, and Damon spoke "Oh you heard about that? Little Stefan ripped people apart literally then put them back together out of guilt" he looked amused and I looked at Stefan with concern.

"Stefan is that true?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder and he remained silent, confirming my suspicion.

"Oh don't worry Ev, he eats bunnies now" Damon teased and I glared at him before barking at him to shut up and he immediately did exactly that.

It pays to have your brothers afraid of you, it really does.

"Will you be staying with us?" Stefan asked me hopefully after we'd changed to a lighter subject about our visits to Paris.

"Well I could but I was-"

"She's staying with us" Damon said cutting me off before I could tell them I'd stay on my own. I sighed and shrugged and they both grinned at me.

They helped me with my bags and they brought them up to a beautiful guest room and I looked at them impressed. Damon of course had to have a remark.

"No, little sister, we don't live under a rock" He and I smirked at each other and Stefan just shook his head chuckling.

"You guys look so alike when you do that" Stefan remarked and Damon and I chuckled.

It was true; Damon and I had a smirk thing that we just did. Some people said it made us look like assholes.

"Don't be jealous Stefanie" he chortled and I stifled a laugh as I placed my bag onto my bed while Stefan glared at the both of us.

After my brothers left, I sat down on the bed and sighed. It'd been so long since I've stayed in one place for longer than a month, it felt weird knowing I'd be here for a while. I traveled around the world for more than a century trying new things, meeting new people, and never falling in love once. I didn't know what it was but I just couldn't, no one seemed to be the right fit or to understand me correctly. Not even all the supernatural I'd met over the years. I'd begun to lose hope.