Chapter Sixteen: Ultimate Importance

Warning: Adult language, violence, and sexual innuendos

In the shower with Niklaus Mikaelson

A single water droplet ran from Niklaus' hairline down the side of his forehead, tracing his prominent left cheekbone and trailed to his cupid's bow where it lingered for a bit before finally falling to the porcelain shower floor. The scalding hot water cascaded down on the almost six foot man as he bowed his head trying to tame his thoughts. Dressed in glistening water, his tanned back muscles were tense as scenario after scenario raced through his mind and beneath his golden blonde hair matted on to his forehead.

Niklaus needed to get his family back from Stefan Salvatore but he also needed a witch to delve deeper into his situation with his mate, Evangeline Salvatore. How could he be expected to spend the rest of eternity with a woman who infuriated him to the extent of killing her out of frustration? There indeed was a part of him that was attached to the hybrid female but even Niklaus himself was well aware that if they continued arguing and fighting the way they were known to, it would do more harm than good for them.

While Niklaus was used to rarely being argued with and his word always being final, Evangeline was one to challenge anyone she didn't agree with and did not back down unless she was literally forced to. The Salvatore female did not seem to fear him at all and though it should have infuriated the Mikaelson, it made him respect her for being fearless, which was also most likely had something to do with their bond. What actually frustrated Niklaus is the fact that the two always seemed to be on different sides. With her brothers being the two vampires he despised the most, the two would most likely be constantly clashing and with both of their tempers thing would almost always end violently.

He felt a slight throbbing in the nail marks Evangeline left in his chest as he finally cut off the water and slid open the glass door now dressed in perspiration. On top of the nail marks in his chest, he also has third degree burns in the shape of small handprints where his mate had pushed him away and his hands were raw from the solar temperature of her neck as from strangling her. The pain was more of a dull ache by then but he needed the scarring to go away before anyone saw. Niklaus would not heal from any pain she inflicted on him unless she took it back and she would not wake from her death until he took it back or gave her his blood.

Currently, his gorgeous goddess of a mate was lying on the bed with a bruised neck in the midst of transitioning. Niklaus observed her state as he entered the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. Her light brown curls wore a scarlet tint, he'd noticed, whenever she transitioned. The hybrid could still remember the vibrant fire in her eyes as she yelled in his as if she had as much strength and age as he did and if he were being honest, Niklaus would say that his own rage was rubbing off on her. Her pinnas had become tipped in almost an elflike manner, but what caught Niklaus' attention were her ivory fangs peeking from between her succulent pink lips.

The Original hybrid had noticed that her fangs were saber like, sharper and seemingly more lethal than any other supernatural creature he'd been met with. As sadistic as it may seem, something got the Original off at the thought of her burying the weapons into his skin. The first time Niklaus laid eyes on them his inner wolf howled in desire. In the past, he was sure that pleasure from blood exchange was a myth but after the shiver he could get merely from the thought of that intimate moment with Evangeline, his mind found a grey area on the matter.

Evangeline made him seek an animalistic pleasure when she got his wolf riled up without even trying. Niklaus never actually wanted to best her with words but through physical contact most of the time. Most times when he pushed her against the wall he wanted to claim her lips, silencing her with pleasure instead of pain but he knew they weren't ready for that. His hybrid mate was an over thinker therefore when the deed was done, she would never let herself forget that she let her guard down for Niklaus and most likely go over every reason she was wrong for it no matter how much pleasure he brought her. That little fact frustrated the Original hybrid to no end.