Chapter Twenty Five: Enamored

Dearest Evangeline,

When we first crossed paths, I knew you were the beginning of something powerful. You are a mix of everything great in the world: the vulnerability of a human, immortality of the vampire, and the durability of the dragon. There is no other being like you and with a heart like yours; you will make a great impact in this world...

At first I believed that you and I could conquer together when we became the best of friends along with Anastasia. We saw things in nearly the same light and it just blossomed from there. Lina, I believe that you are unaware of how powerful you are and how much more power that you will hinder in the future. I have watched you blossom from the vampire in the vulnerable state that I met two centuries ago to the extravagant hybrid goddess that you are morphing into every second of every day.

Unfortunately, my theory of you and I conquering the world together needs to be amended. I have realized that perhaps, I saw you forging the destiny of the world with the wrong Mikaelson. My brother has never been so...authentic, per-say until he was around you. Before the two of you came across each other, he killed, maimed, and tortured because he could. He believed that he needed that upper hand over every other being in the world but then he met you and that part of him began slipping away...

No, he does not use his power for the good of the world but rather, he uses it for you, dearest Lina. You are my brother's Angel sent from the other side and do not let him fool you into believing that he has not realized that yet because he has. The two of you are a force to be reckoned with and when the ritual is complete...you will change the course of the supernatural world. It will be stupendous on an astronomical level, the power that the two of you will share.

You will be crowned the King and Queen.

Thank you, Lina, for being my brother's miracle. Please do not go wry during my absence as I find a miracle of my own.

Elijah

Evangeline lost count of how many times she read Elijah's aforementioned letter. The kind words brought her to tears with every time she read them, even when she had reread the letter so much that she could recite it, it still brought her to tears all the same. She wished that she could find Elijah and hug him to death for his kind, empowering words but she knew he needed to cleanse himself of the dark thoughts he had been feeling and essentially find himself again.

The letter had been on the bed with her name written on it with Elijah's calligraphy when she and Niklaus arrived to the room. Her mate decided it was the best time for him to take his shower so that she could read the letter in peace, without distractions. She was ultimately grateful for that because she didn't want Niklaus to see her blubbering about a letter she got from his brother, it would embarrass her.

So, when the blonde hybrid emerged from the bathroom, Evangeline wiped her tears off of her face and attempted to cool herself down emotionally so that she could follow up with a physical cool down, even if she knew Niklaus felt the emotional turmoil she had gone through.

Without speaking about the letter, Niklaus dropped his towel (purposely after he knew he had her attention) and pulled on the dark blue boxer briefs he'd left on the dresser for after the shower. Evangeline rolled her eyes at her mates purposeful teasing.

"That was hardly necessary, Nik" she said, standing up to grab her clothes for her own shower.

Her mate grinned, "Well since you didn't join me in the shower, I thought I'd fill you in on what you missed out on"

"Sure fill me in...whatever you say, all that can wait because I need a long bath after a day like today" The Salvatore hybrid said, pecking the man on the lips a couple times before dragging herself towards the bathroom with Elijah's letter in hand because, yes, she planned on reading it and crying a bit more.