Chapter Twelve: Do You Think I'll Die?

Guess who's back, back, back? Back again, 'gain, 'gain....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell is going on?!" boomed Klaus as he barged into Gloria's early in the morning pointing to his now perfectly healed back.

Being the only partial human, I was in tow probably looking like a zombie since it was still the crack of dawn. Rebekah was pissed at Klaus for making us stop at Gloria's before taking her to get clothes and Stefan looked uneasy about being there. I wanted to ask him why but he was basically avoiding me.

For example, I went to talk to him this morning while Klaus and Rebekah went feeding but he literally disappeared from the hotel, he didn't show up until Klaus and Rebekah were back. It's been pretty irritating if I'm being honest. If he was mad that he had to be with us instead of Mystic Falls, I didn't force him to make a deal with Klaus. Sure he did it because the hybrid was strangling me to death but for God's sake I would've come back! Did he forget I was still part vampire or what?

Anyway, after I pointed it out to Klaus that neither of us had healed, he went insane. Not mentally but he would've done a tornado part two if the three of us hadn't stopped him. Rebekah bitch slapped him and it was the funniest thing to see his reaction but then he daggered her again so, yeah.

Stef and I took the dagger out though, after I attempted to give Klaus a good talking to about stabbing his siblings because he was angry. It went in one ear and out the other but hey, at least I didn't get stabbed. Joking...kind of.

Anyway, Klaus ended up kicking Rebekah and Stefan out then going to bed but he didn't sleep. He just kept tossing and turning and grumbling to himself and because of that, I didn't get any sleep. By the time three AM came around, I was practically ready to attempt to set him on fire, intentionally that time.

3 AM Last Night

For what felt like the millionth time, Nik shifted around in the bed, stealing more than half of the covers, and mumbling to himself. He has been doing this since we got into bed at opposite ends hours ago and I am probably going to commit a crime if he continues.

Lightly, I kicked his back, in attempt for him to stop but all that he did was shift again and growl at me.

Internally groaning, I sat up and glared at him through the dark atmosphere of the room.

"Could you stop?" I hissed smacking his leg to emphasize my irritation.

The hybrid turned over onto his back and looked up at me with eyes so blue I could see their color in the darkness, "Stop what?"

"The shifting and the tossing and the turning and the annoying of Evangeline!" I exclaimed haphazardly and speaking in third person, again, to emphasize my annoyance with the blonde.

I could spot his death glare even through a room without an ounce of light, "Excuse me for not being able to get past the fact that I'm not healing, Dear Angel. I'm not sure if you're aware but we supernatural beings don't get bruises!"

"You don't have to yell, I'm right here asshole" I snapped childishly, "And you're not the only one freaking out here! Plus, don't act like you're actually hurting right now, Nik! You're practically invincible and you have literally carried me while I was almost on fire! Just be glad your bruises aren't around your freaking neck!"

He went silent and finally still after my rant. I was about to lay back down when a large amount of guilt washed over me. It wasn't mine of course because I didn't exactly feel bad for telling Nik what had been on my mind for the past few hours since I'd revealed to him that he hadn't healed.