Chapter 3

Gojo Satoru P.O.V.

"How is she?" Masamichi asks. "She's still sleeping. But she's a lot less pale than yesterday" I answer. "How many times has she puked?" He asks. "Just once. She's strong, she'll get through this" I say. "I received the results. Impressive indeed. There's no doubt that she's strong but Satoru...." Masamichi hesitates. "Don't you think it's cruel?" He asks. "I do. But it wasn't my idea" I say. Masamichi sighs. "I know. Well, stay home then. I'll get Nanami Kento to cover for you. Make sure she's alright" he says. "Yeah. Thanks" I say and hang up my phone. Silently I walk back into the bedroom, and place my cellphone on the dresser. When I crawl back into bed, Kazue is still sleeping. Maybe I should catch up on some as well. I close my eyes. But soon after open them again and bring my hand to her face. When I feel her breath on my hand I pull away again. She's strong. Her abilities compliment mine perfectly. She was born to be my wife. For a moment I just look at her. We shouldn't have had sex. But the way she came up to me, I couldn't refuse. The way her eyes were glowing like mine only confirmed that she is supposed to be mine and supposed to carry our kids. But as soon as she had her orgasm, the glow was gone as well. Suddenly Kazue opens her eyes. I can feel the relief throughout my whole body. "Good morning sleepyhead" I say softly. "What time is it?" Kazue groans softly as she rubs her eyes. "Near nine" I say. She immediately opens her eyes again. "We need to get to work" Kazue says. "Don't worry. Kento is covering for us. Take your time to regain your strength" I say. Kazue doesn't really respond. "Do you want to go out to eat, or do you want to stay in?" I ask. "I don't know" Kazue sighs. I reach over and softly stroke her cheek. "How are you feeling?" I ask softly. "Getting there" she answers. I pull her toward me, and wrap my arms around her. She automatically leans her forehead against me. "Let's stay home. We can order in for tonight and I still have some fruits and yoghurt for breakfast" I say. "Hmm" Kazue answers. I smile and press a kiss on her head. I'm glad you're alive. "Let's just take it easy." I say.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you" Kazue says, bowing deeply to Masamichi and Nanami. Slightly annoyed I rub the back of my neck. "You didn't. The Gojo clan did" Masamichi says. "But I'm glad you came out alright" he says. "Take it easy, resume your classes. We will soon have missions for you" Masamichi says. Kazue bows again before she leaves again. "You stay, I want to have a word" Masamichi says. "Good thing that I wanted one too" I say, smiling amused. "Don't give me that" he says annoyed. "You nag me to take her on, and then you take her out of the running for a couple of days?!" Masamichi says, starting his lecture. "That was not my idea" I say. "But there's more to her than meets the eye" I add. "What makes you say that?" Nanami asks. "I think her family sealed some of her power away" I say. "Why?" Masamichi asks. "I don't know. Perhaps so I wouldn't be embarrassed" I answer. "What makes you think that?" Nanami asks. "We were getting intimate, after her trial" I say, both men get slightly uncomfortable. "She was exhausted, on the brink of passing out but she still wanted to. And when we were...intimate" I say, grinning as I see their discomfort. "Her eyes started to get this weird glow. Like she was pulling energy from something. It was gone as soon as we were finished and she passed out right after" I say. "That was irresponsible of you. Something could've happened to the both of you" Masamichi says. I grin once more. "What can I say? I am a man and she is a beautiful woman. I couldn't resist" I say. Namami scoffs disapproving. "I'm not going to put her through another trial. Her body has been through enough. But I'll have someone scan her though. If her power is sealed away we will know soon enough" Masamichi says. "I appreciate it" I say. Masamichi sighs. "Dismissed. Both of you" he says.  I turn and walk out of his office. "Gojo" Nanami says and I turn to him. "If a woman is willing to go through all of that, to be married to someone like you...You better cherish it" he says. I smirk slightly. "Is that jealousy?" I ask. "Don't be ridiculous." Nanami says annoyed. "But at least I would make sure she feels wanted" he says and with that he walks past me.

"Tell me" I say, picking up the phone after I see that it's Masamichi who is calling. "So there is something sealed inside her. The good news is that it can probably be undone" he says. "But?" I ask. "There's no way to know what kind of power it will unleash. She might even surpass you" Masamichi says. I smile. "I wouldn't mind that" I say. "Even if her abilities are to support you?" Masamichi asks. "Even then." I answer. He sighs. "We'll talk it over with her. If you both want it to be unsealed, we'll move ahead" and with that he hangs up. I type a phone number in my phone. "You knew this, didn't you?" I ask, as soon as I hear my father's voice. "That's why you proposed this arranged marriage" I add. Father chuckles. "I'm surprised it took you this long" he answers. I sigh deeply as I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Aren't you pleased?" He asks. "Of course I am, but you should've told me" I say. "Is that why you set the difficulty that high? To bring it out of her?" I ask. "Of course. And she did splendidly" Father says. I sigh. "She did" I mumble. I look up when I hear the front door closed. "We're probably going unseal it, but don't let her clan know" I say. "I'd expect nothing less." He says. "I have to go" I say and hang up. "Hey" Kazue says as she walks into the living room. She looks tired. Seems like she hasn't fully healed yet. "Hey" I answer. She sighs deeply as she sits down on the couch. "Long day huh?" I ask amused. Kazue smiles. "I'm used to different kind of work, and different kind of hours" she says. "I'll get there though" Kazue adds. "I have no doubt that you will" I say, grabbing her chin with my fingertips and turning her face toward me. I press my lips softly against hers. "What did I do to deserve that?" Kazue asks amused. "Do I need a reason to kiss my wife?" I ask. "You don't. I just wasn't expecting it" she says. I pull Kazue closer and kiss her once more, longer this time. "Is something wrong, Anata?" Kazue asks. "No, not at all" I smile. "I can't kiss you at the school, so I kiss you as much as I can at home" I smirk.