Chapter 5

Gojo Kazue P.O.V.

I'm in a place that is unfamiliar, but the scenery seems ancient. The body doesn't feel like my own, and my clothing seems as old as the scenery, though it's luxurious. When I look at my reflection in the pond, I see a woman pale skin, and black hair. Her eyes are like mine and she seems very happy. She walks, and I see everything through her eyes, but I have no control over what she does. She walks past a Sakura tree, and after that she turns a corner. There's a man with Snow White hair, and when he turns his head to look, his eyes are just like Satoru's. The body waves. The man says something, I can see his lips move but I can't hear what he said. The body starts to walk faster. The man laughs and as the body makes the jump into his arms, I come back to with a gasp. "Welcome back" a voice says. "What's happening?" I ask. "We just unsealed the power that is inside of you. You lost consciousness during the process" Masamichi says. I sit up, and see people around me that I do not know, except for my father-in-law. "Where is Satoru-kun?" I ask. "He will be here soon" Father-in-law says. I look at Masamichi. "Don't worry. He's on a job. He'll be here to pick you up soon" he says with a soothing voice. I sigh, and rub my forehead and then my eyes. "Something wrong?" Father-In-Law asks. "No, there's not. Chichiue. I just want to speak to my husband. That's all" I say softly. Father-In-Law doesn't respond, and Masamichi tilts his head slightly. "Did it work?" I ask. "I think it did. We can't know for certain, until the power is in use, or when it decided to show itself." Masamichi answers. "But they did a hell of a lot to hide it, and to seal it. It took us a very long time, and a lot of power" he adds. "I apologize" I say. "You have nothing to apologize for. It was done when you were a small child" Father-In-Law says. Ieiri Shoko walks in. "Oh, you're awake" she says, walks over and then hands me a bottle of soda. "Here. You need the sugar" she says. "Thank you" I say softly.

I'm tired, and my body feels totally drained. But I can't sleep. I'm on the sofa with a blanket and a cup of calming tea, when Satoru walks down the stairs. "I didn't wake you, did I?" I ask. "You did not. But I am surprised to see you here. I thought you were tired?" He asks. "I'm exhausted. But I can't sleep. I'm hoping this helps" I say, gesturing to my tea. "But you don't have to wait for me. Go to sleep, it's late" I say. "It's fine. We haven't really had the chance to talk" Satoru says, sitting down. "What did you see?" He then asks. "See?" I ask, a little confused. "They said you acted a bit disoriented when you regained consciousness" Satoru says. "Is that strange after losing consciousness?" I ask. "It's not, but your behavior was." Satoru says. "Do you know what the reason is that you and I were to be married? Even though my clan has other females at our age?" I ask. "You think there's an ulterior motive?" Satoru asks. "Do you know if there is?" I ask. For a moment Satoru doesn't say anything. "I guess it was a bit strange that the elders, and my parents expressed such extreme interest into you. But I never really thought about it" Satoru answers. "I think there might me an ulterior motive. But I cannot be sure. Do you think I might be able to access the Gojo family records?" I ask. "You're a Gojo now yourself, Kazue. If you want to access the records, You can. But why do you want to?" Satoru asks. "I saw something that was like a vision, but also in the past. There was someone that looked so much like you, but the body wasn't like mine. But her powers were mine. They clearly loved each other, but when they were close, I could feel both of their powers get so much stronger" I say. "Hmm" Satoru says as he puts his arm around my shoulders. "Sounds promising for us, doesn't it?" He asks. "It does. But I'd like to learn more" I say. "I'm sure you'll find it. There's enough recourses" Satoru says. I lean my head against his shoulder. "Thank you" I whisper. I close my eyes and I can feel my body relax. Satoru softly takes the cup from my hand. "It's time to get you to bed" he whispers.

For a long time I was afraid to be married to Satoru. The way my parent raised me, didn't especially excited me for marriage. Their marriage didn't either. But I'm quite happy, I feel relaxed and at ease in his house and he treats me better than my parents did. When I arrive at home, the light is turned on, but no one is downstairs. I walk up the stairs and find Satoru in the bathroom, wearing just his pajama pants. "Oh. I was just about to call you" he says. "Hmm what for?" I ask. "To ask where you were. So I'd know if I had to drain the bath" Satoru says. "Oh I'll go wash up, you can leave the water in" I say. I hear Satoru walk down the stairs as I undress in the walk in closet. I shower, and wash myself. After rinsing off I get in the bath and sigh deeply because of the hot water. How hot did he bathe if it is still this temperature? I rub my eyes and then my face before sighing deeply again. I wrap my arms around my legs. "Everything alright?" I look up when I hear Satoru's voice. "I thought you went downstairs" I say. "I did, but I forgot something." He answers. Satoru then leans against the doorway. "Something bothering you?" He asks. "I've got this bad feeling in my heart. Like something is going to happen" I say.  "That so?" Satoru asks, titling his head. I nod. "How is your research going?" He asks. "As if someone is trying to sabotage it" I say with a slight smile. Satoru raises his eyebrows. "There are things they don't want us to know Satoru-kun" I say. Satoru smiles slightly. "All the more reason to find out what it is huh?" He asks. I can't help but smile as well. "I guess" I say with a small nod. I sigh again and stand up. "I can't enjoy the bath now. I'm sorry" I say, taking the towel out of the warmer. "No need to apologize" Satoru says as he drains the bath. I wrap the towel around me, and then lean against the sink. "You're not going to be able to sleep if you let it get to you this much" Satoru says, without even looking up or turning around. "You've been through enough up until now. Try to put it out of your mind when you get home" Satoru says as he turns around.