𝙉𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩

12:07pm

Tim had started to make hamburger helper as lunch for himself, and Lucy since she is with him for the majority of the day.

'Barrel, silence, tight, fear, pain, inhale, exhale, breathe, sing, conserve, regret, darkness, Caleb...'

Lucy jolts awake, not even knowing she had fallen asleep. She sits up and lets in and out a few deep, shaken breaths as she hides her face in her palms,
trying so desperately not to cry as her eyes swell.

Her forehead and hairline are slightly glazed with sweat.

"Hey, I was gonna wake you up. I made lunch."
Tim states as he walks into the room holding 2 bowls of food. Just as he turns around the couch he instantly notices the panic coming off of Lucy. His face instantly drops in concern as he quickly walks over, placing the food on the coffee table before as he sits down.

Tim pulls his arm out, and around Lucy bringing her to is chest as she lets out a sob. It's clear to him that she obviously had a startled sleep.

"Tim, I can't~ I can't do this anymore." Lucy quickly worded in between mumbles and sobs. Tim's stomach immediately drops to her statement as he brings his hand to the back of her head in an attempt to comfort her.

Eventually, Lucy slowly but surely composes herself. After they had pulled away from the hug Tim places a hand on Lucy's shoulder following with a rub of his thumb before letting his hand fall to his lap along where the other is already resting.

"Thanks." Lucy hits the top of her thigh lightly with her fist as she looks down to her lap.

"I made you lunch by the way~ still warm." Tim picks up their bowls off the coffee table, handing the one out to Lucy. They both exchange a small smile before starting to eat.

***

Lucy goes to stand up to bring her bowl to the kitchen but Tim puts his arm out slightly.

"I got it." Tim gives Lucy a reassuring smile, she nods in agreement and he takes the bowl from her hand.

She reaches for her phone and clicks the on button but she forgotten it had died.

"Hey do you have a charger I can borrow? My phone died." Lucy questions as Tim returns from the kitchen.

***

8:13pm

"Hey Tim, I'm gonna head out, Jackson's probably on his way back to the apartment." Lucy stands up from the couch as she grabs her jacket and now charged phone.

"I'll drive behind you."

"No, Tim, I'm~ it's fine~ really-"

"Lucy..." Tim politely cuts her off. She agrees with a slight sigh.

"Fine... I'm assuming I'm not allowed working for a few more days?"

Tim nods with a small frown.

"Great." Lucy mutters sarcastically before they walk to the front door.

"We just want to make sure you are safe, Lucy." He states. "Mhm..." Lucy responds obviously irritated as they both slip on their shoes before Tim goes to open the front door, yet again allowing Lucy to walk out first.

Tim locks the front door behind him before walking to his car, meanwhile Lucy has already gotten in and started hers.

Lucy starts to drive and Tim follows behind her in his car.

***

Lucy parks in her spot in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Just as she steps out she sees Tim park a few spots away from her. She walks over to his car as he steps out as well.

"Want me to walk you in?" Tim ask as he walks up to Lucy putting his hands in his front pockets.

"If you want to." Lucy responds but her eyes wander as she as she tries to remark where Jacksons car is as she doesn't see it in his spot. Tim looks around in the same directions she is, also clearly as confused.

"Is uh~ everything okay? Tim ponders as she returns her gaze to him.

"I don't see Jackson's car, usually he's home by now."
Lucy has a slight bit of barely noticeable concern on her face.

"Want me to call him?"

"Please..."

Tim nods and grabs his phone from the back pocket of his jeans, he unlocks it and goes to dial Jackson's number.

"Hey Tim, what's up?" Jackson responds.

"Lucy wanted me to call~ make sure you're home because she doesn't see your car."

Jackson runs his hand down his face with a sigh.
"Im doing overtime, I'm helping with a homicide case. I was gonna call but it completely crossed my mind~ I'm not sure when I'll be home."

"Alright, I'll let her know. Thanks and- uh~ good luck." Tim hangs up.

"Jackson said he-"

"He's doing overtime, I heard." Lucy interrupts.

"Are you gonna be okay here by yourself?"

"Tim..."

"Sorry, I just don't think you should really be alone right now."

Lucy sighs. "If it makes you feel any better I will... Stay at your house tonight?"

Tim smiles slightly at the thought. "It would."

Lucy returns a small smile before speaking again. "Okay, well since we're here, I'm gonna go grab some clothes and that." She starts walking away but stops~ turning herself around.

"Did you wanna walk me up?" She is slowly walking backwards when a soft, brief smile forms as a giggle escapes her mouth when she sees Tim slightly jog to catch up with her.

Lucy turns around as Tim walks along side her.

***

"Got everything?"

"Yep, my phone charger, a few changes of clothes, and my makeup." The smile on Lucy's face hasn't left, she feels kinda excited. And nervous, I mean, she's spending the night at her training officers house. It's bound to be a little weird... Right?

Once they get back to Tim's house Lucy parks in the same spot on the side of the road. She grabs her stuff from the passenger seat of her car and steps out, closing the door behind her.

10:21pm

Lucy sets her bag down by the front door after they both walk in. She takes off her jacket, this time placing it on a hook that rests on the right side of the door.

"You wouldn't mind if I made myself another tea would you?" Lucy questions.

"Yeah go ahead, I'm just gonna set up the couch up."

She puts a quick thumbs up with her left hand before walking into the kitchen. Meanwhile Tim sets up the couch.

As Lucy rummages through his the tea options she finds a chamomile bag. Obviously she choses that one. Once she brews the tea she makes her way back into the living area.

"I thought you were setting that up for me?" Lucy's brows nit in confusion as she double handedly takes a sip from the mug she is using.

"I'm not gonna have a guest sleep on the couch."

"And I'm not kicking you out of your own bed, so get up."

Tim sighs in defeat. "Alright, try to get some rest okay? If you need anything~ anything at all, just come get me." He ascends from the couch and offers a small smile which she returns.

"Yes sir." Lucy checks flush slightly, she attempts to hide it by taking another sip from the mug as Tim walks into his room.

__________

Ooooo, Lucy's blushing! I wonder if Tim saw? Hope you like this story so far! Can't wait to see what awaits for them!🤭🤭