2

His eyes were almost completely black and I knew that no explanation would really be necessary. I would have to change the subject.

"I see you like to stalk people." I nodded at him before turning to the now partly brownish black sauce and deflating a bit. "Sorry daddy." I said taking the pan off the fire and letting it cool before putting it in the sink to wash it to start over.

"I am going to get something, from my room." My dad announced before making a move to pass Greyson who was still staring at me with black eyes as I moved around the kitchen

"Sit down or something, you standing behind me is making me antsy." I ordered and then started out with the measurements again and he grunted and did as I said, pulling out a chair and making it face me fully and then sat down.

"How was I supposed to know you?"

"We went to the same high school, and middle school, and elementary school, in fact I even think we were in the same classes until 6th grade." I said and rolled my eyes when he took a deep breath.

"I wasn't the best in school. The only time I ever concentrated on anything was when my games depended on it." He sounded like he was angry with himself at that fact and I peeked at him. "I'm sorry."

"Well, it doesn't help when you are shamed or talked about negatively I should be happy you didn't realize I was the girl without a mom." I shrugged and started stirring again and he stood up and came closer.

"Why do you smell like a Vampire?" His eyes were somewhat normal and I gulped again.

"My best friend is a vampire." I told him, there was no way I was going to let him change my life around just because he didn't like it.

"Who and how long has she been one?"

"He-" I ignored the growl- "has been a vampire for more than 1000 years and gay for about 800 give or take." I added and he blew out a breath.

"Then he has control." He stated and I looked up at him with confusion.

"How do you know that about Vampires?"

"Being in the royal guard... it means you have to mediate between a lot of packs and covens. You pick up on a couple things." He stated coming even closer and I backed up again and again, every step he took, I took back. "Are you scared of me Aaron?"

"Why should I be scared of you Greyson?"

"You don't really know me." He pressed on as I smelled the food and turned to get the garlic powered.

"You don't know me either, are you scared of me. Excuse me." I said and smiled at him as I brushed past and started putting the powder in.

"You aren't scary." He laughed out and I shook my head.

"And you are? Why? Because you're an enforcer?" I asked and scoffed when he sort of shrugged. "The enforcers protect the packs don't they?" I asked already knowing the answer. "And since I am not a rogue I am not in any danger of seeing you at your worst." I rolled my eyes as I swirled the water around the chicken before moving around the huge wolf standing a few steps behind me.I grabbed some rolls and then went for garlic and butter. I let it sit out just a bit as I chopped it up and Greyson sat back down and watched.

"Do you need any help?" He asked when I smelled a slight overcooked vegetable.

"Slather the garlic butter on the rolls." I said knowing the chicken was almost done and I would need to pull that apart.

"Why did you run from me earlier?" He asked when I started pulling the chicken apart.

"I didn't run. I had a prior engagement and besides, I was a little pissed off you didn't even know my name." I sighed out and then yipped lightly when I pulled apart a slab of really hot steamy chicken.I pulled my finger to my mouth and licked the red spot before it was pulled from my mouth and towards Greyson's chest.