chapter 4 - the truth.

Tw : Food

Tw : Food

The Truth.

The dance practice went really well for Minho, he learned all new choreographed dances, he got praised by the teacher, and he pissed Jisung off.

Now he was on his way out the door with Hyunjin, right now this would be his lunch break, but because of the situation Hyunjin was in he decided to eat inside of his apartment.

They ordered some delicious Chinese takeout, and within minutes, they finished it all. It had been so long since the younger had it, he was always forced to eat vegetarian meals, so he could stay in shape. He hadn't had any restaurant food since he was a sophomore in highschool.

"Did you enjoy the food?" Minho asked Hyunjin, the younger was slurping on his soda he had gotten from the vending machine.

"It was delicious, thanks Minho." He smiled at the older, Minho's heart was beating so fast. Hyunjin was so adorable in his eyes.

"Uh, y-yeah, you're welcome." Minho snapped out of his trance when he saw Hyunjin had noticed how hard he was staring.

"So, who were those people at the studio?"

"Oh, you mean the members of my dance team.." He sighed, he didn't want to talk about them because most of it reminded him of Jisung.

"You don't have to talk about them if you don't want to. It was just a question and you already answered it."

"No, no. Well, it's complicated."

"Complicated?"

"Chan-Hyung? I wouldn't call him my best friend, or a friend at all. But he's the only one that I'm close enough with at the studio. The other two, Jeongin and Seungmin? They just hung around a lot and eventually joined, they are Bestfriends. Changbin? He's Chan's bestfriend and he joined because he wanted to debut with Chan one day. And Jisung..?"

"So Jisung is his name. Interesting."

"Jisung, how do I describe him? He's like this pimple that just keeps coming back everytime you do something to keep it away. He's annoying as shit. I hate him and he hates me. He thinks he's the best at everything, but really he sucks."

Minho might have said a lot about him, but he wasn't completely honest. Jisung and Minho dated in highschool. They ended things because Jisung cheated on him with some guy that he eventually broke up with. Some how, they managed to get in to the same university and now every week they're down each others throats about random shit that doesn't matter.

"Oh, but all of them seems so nice Minho. I just don't understand how you don't like them, I would kill to be in your position."

"My life is not that easy Hyunjin. I know you had it worse but don't jump to assumptions."

The older could understand how curios the younger might have been, but he hated the way Hyunjin described this perfect life that he didn't have. Pressure was always put on him to do good not only for himself, but for his family.

"I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have crossed the line." Hyunjin felt guilty, he couldn't help himself which may have been the problem. He'd never meant to make Minho mad.

Minho took a deep breath, he tried to calm his anger down for the sake of Hyunjin. He knew that he might have been overreacting and he didn't want to make Hyunjin feel any guiltier then he already was.

"You know what? Just forget about it. I think we should go, can't get to comfortable." Minho gave him an awkward smile.

The drive home was silent, Hyunjin forgot about the small little situation that had happened. He was so mesmerized by the culture of the city, he truly felt that he was in his element and that he never wanted to leave here.

Minho was happy to the younger so intrigued by the city. It wasn't a big deal to him since he had been down the same road every single day, but he loved the way Hyunjin admired it all.

He felt bad, he couldn't imagine was went inside Hyunjin's head when he first found him. The younger one was lost and wasn't in the right mindset. Still, he managed to stay calm  throughout it all.

"Hey uh, I have a question." He turned around from his view of the sky.

"Yeah?"

"What made you want to run away in the first place?" He looked down fidgeting with his fingers.

"You know you can talk to me. I know I said you didn't have to tell me if you didn't want to but we've gotten closer and I just thought that maybe you could tell me."

"Well.." He took a deep breath preparing for the tears that might come down.

"My family had always been strict. I hated the way I lived. I had all this pressure on me to do great, I got forced to do things that I wish I never did, it was just all too toxic for me."

"Everybody always has a little bit of pressure on their backs though."

"But not everyone had to grow up trying to be perfect. By the time I reached my highschool years, my sister and brother and even my parents were already doing their own thing. Meanwhile I had to follow in my father's footsteps."

"I can't say that I understand the feeling, but I understand where your feelings are coming from if that makes you feel any better."

"I never got to do what I wanted, it was always what's best for the family, or my future. I never did anything for me."

And just like that the tears came, making Hyunjin even more upset then he already was. His life was hell, he did things that he wish he could take back, he did things just for his family and they didn't give him any type of respect back. He hated it, he never wanted to see them again.

The younger covered his face, not wanting to show his tears. He tried to hold them back but he couldn't take it anymore.

What he didn't expect, was for the older to hug him. Minho closed his eyes while hugging him.

It was a sweet moment for both of them. Simply because hyunjin had never opened up this much, and that showed that he was beginning to trust Minho.

"Hyunjin, I really sorry that you were going through that. I can't imagine how hard that was for you. And maybe still is. I just hope that your time being here makes you feel better. And I promise that I won't let them hurt you."
__________________________________

I just realized how short this chapter was.. I never finished the ending. But anyways how are you guys?

Hyunjin's story makes me sad, even if it's not real. (Let me be delulu.)

I hope you guys enjoyed this one even if it's already published. And don't worry, next chapter will be long enough.

Love you guys <3

[ 1171 words 🐰🥟 ]