Chapter 3: A busy man

The dark lord was woken up by his two shadowlings. He groaned a little bit as he hated it when he was woken up.

"Lux, Lex. What is the meaning of this? You both know I hate it when you wake me up."

"We know. Our deepest apologies Master but your schedule is booked up today." Lux said as their master sighed.

"How booked up?"

"A lot. First Lady Tornado has invited you to have breakfast at her house so you two would discuss about the weapon development, then you have to fill up some documents and later you have to go out to give a speech to the villains about the new angelic hero." Lex announced.

"Thank you, my dark servants. I could always count on you." He thanked them as he patted their heads and started getting dressed.

"Anything else I should be aware of?"

"Nothing yet our lord, but if something comes up, we'll inform you." Lux assured him as they placed his jacket on him.

"Thank you, oh and do inform Tornado. I'll be there in about 10 minutes."

"Of course, our lord." Both of them said and they left.

He wore his black leather gloves and placed his purple emerald brooch necklace around his neck as he was looking himself in the mirror.

He left his manor and started walking on the darkest roads of Madmourn, which was the city of all evil and darkness, aka where all the villains and criminals lived.

Since he was the leader of all the villains and a La Morte, he had a reputation as one of the most feared and dreadful villains so no other villain dared to go against his orders, even if they didn't want to.

As he was walking, he noticed a couple of villains that gathered around and were laughing about something.

"Oh, look, poor Cryptos isn't as strong as he claims to be without his stupid notebook." One of the villains said as he was holding his notebook up on the air as the doctor was trying to reach it.
"That's not funny. Give it back before I turn you into dust." The doctor protested as he was trying to reach it.

"Oh, should we be terrified?" The villain mocked him, and the dark lord stepped in.

"Bonjour, what do we have here?"

"Ah, Lord Leviathan. We were just having some fun." The villain explained as he dropped the notebook as they all bowed down and they were nervous.

"Yes, I can see that and it's not my business, but I don't think my dear father would appreciate that his scientist is being made fun of like that." When he mentioned his father, the villains' faces became pale from fear.

"Of course not. It wouldn't be very nice to disturb your father."

"Précisément. So, how about you take your leave and let Dr. Cryptos go where he has to go?" He asked as his eyes and his emerald necklace started glowing purple and the villains were distressed.

"Of course. We were just about to leave anyway." He said and they started walking away.

"Need a hand, doctor?" He asked him as he handed him the notebook and helped him get up.

"I didn't need your help, La Morte."

"It was good seeing you too, Cryptos. Give father a hi to me, would you?"

"Whatever you say." He said as he took his way and left as Leviathan started walking again.

Dr Cryptos Synthesis was as people were going to describe him here, a mad scientist and an outcast, to say the least, due to his anti-social personality and his extreme mood swings. But despite that, he was somehow able to work for the former leader of all the villains, although, Leviathan would never understand why his father would need a scientist, but he decided not to question it, since his father would probably have his reasons and he knew best.